• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A dark ballet

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You are impetuous and brave, Charlotte for your title. In today’s hyper-sensitive bombastic, unforgiving political correctness, you could be, pilloried, crucified and then drawn and quartered and killed again!

However, miracles occur! One bullet from somewhere must have hit the bullets aimed towards you so I think your past work recruited Wonder Woman” to be your advocate!

In short this picture has a tentative modesty and purity that is forgiving of the hurts endured by the crimes ancestors, (uprooted like harvested crops) and then still today, merely tolerated in many places in our society.

You celebrate the lonely woman and advocate for her spirit and give strength to her endeavors.

Bravo Charlotte! Another fine image created in layers by your witchcraft!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher... Jeanne d'Arc est mon patronne ", j'aime toujours ce que vous voyez dans mon travail! Merci mon cher ami de tant d'années

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

Charlotte,

Look at this video, Leonard Cohen composed about Joan of Arc in a fashion of layers like the ancients who reused old precious parchments from Pergamon!

Then read the analysis of the song here, for 3 extra credits! ?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher... Jeanne d'Arc est mon patronne ", j'aime toujours ce que vous voyez dans mon travail! Merci mon cher ami de tant d'années

Charlotte

Charlotte,

Yes, she deserves beautiful French, not the English that burnt her! So I will try my very best:

Jeanne d’Arc est ma propre protectrice pour le courage et l’innocence.

Leonard Cohen lui trouve une robe de mariée blanche, ce qui est ironique quand on aura besoin d'un linceul, mais il ne faut pas oublier que les cendres de ceux qui ont été brûlés ne sont jamais enveloppées dans un linceul mais simplement éparpillées.

Asher

Last edited:

Charlotte Thompson

Asher
Thank you for the new info! I have seen Cohens video long ago when I was researching Joan before I did my first overlay on her courage and strength. I did not know of the lyrics. The white wedding dress Is most likely a metaphor for a bride pf Christ. Very Catholic. I was inspired by what you sent and made another work for Joan. I will love to read your take as I also have one as well.

Asher Kelman

Asher
Thank you for the new info! I have seen Cohens video long ago when I was researching Joan before I did my first overlay on her courage and strength. I did not know of the lyrics. The white wedding dress Is most likely a metaphor for a bride pf Christ. Very Catholic. I was inspired by what you sent and made another work for Joan. I will love to read your take as I also have one as well.

Please send me a larger version to look at on my big monitor!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Charlotte,

For a more female influenced version of the same song, by Jennifer Warnes, (with Leonard Cohen too), listen to this crucifixion-heavy expression of Joan d’Arc death here!

You will lalso enjoy the acoustic guitar here, I promise!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Yikes restrictions I need to update browser then argh!
Did it so well worth her beauty and soul love the music! Thanks for sending this awesome song and music ! Stunning