• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Snapshots with a smartphone camera

Cem_Usakligil

As I have mentioned here, I have been taking pictures mostly with my smartphone in the past couple of years. I'll share some of them here with you. Feel free to comment if you want to.

ms9_20180430_200522.jpg

Cheers

Peter Dexter

Very effective compositions in these shots. I'm intrigued by the zig zag lines painted on the street. What is the significance? Do they mean "no parking" or something like that?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As I have mentioned here, I have been taking pictures mostly with my camera phone in the past couple of years. I'll share some of them here with you. Feel free to comment if you want to.

ms9_20180430_200522.jpg

Cheers

Cem,

You’ve captured beautiful colors and tons of detail. No need here for a “better camera”!

I wonder if this is in Amsterdam on the approach to that fabulous bridge? On the left seem to be workman’s shops or more like open Middle Eastern markets where there is not a shop window just barrels of spices or tables of produce in baskets. Or else perhaps these are various machine shops.

I would love to know. The entire view is exotic and begs for a tour operator to tell us more before we get to that massive bridge ahead!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

You’ve captured beautiful colors and tons of detail. No need here for a “better camera”!

I wonder if this is in Amsterdam on the approach to that fabulous bridge? On the left seem to be workman’s shops or more like open Middle Eastern markets where there is not a shop window just barrels of spices or tables of produce in baskets. Or else perhaps these are various machine shops.

I would love to know. The entire view is exotic and begs for a tour operator to tell us more before we get to that massive bridge ahead!

Asher
Hi Asher,

Thanks for your kind comments. This is good old London ;).

Cem_Usakligil

Very effective compositions in these shots. I'm intrigued by the zig zag lines painted on the street. What is the significance? Do they mean "no parking" or something like that?

Hi Peter,

The zig zag lines are explained by Google as follows:
"The approach to, and exit from, a pedestrian crossing is marked with zigzag lines. It also means that you must not park on them or overtake the leading vehicle when approaching the crossing. Parking here would block the view for pedestrians and the approaching traffic."

Michael Nagel

Hi Cem,

glad to see you here again!

I use the smartphone quite often as well.

If I should pick only one of the ones you have posted here it would be the third one.

Best regards
Michael

Asher Kelman

Cem, I am more than thrilled to see your fabulous pictures return to us. You have made my day!

My heartfelt kind regards and love to you and your dear family!

Again so sorry about the barbaraisn in Utrecht. Be safe!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Cem, I am more than thrilled to see your fabulous pictures return to us. You have made my day!

My heartfelt kind regards and love to you and your dear family!

Again so sorry about the barbaraisn in Utrecht. Be safe!

Asher
Hi Asher,

The new forum looks great, congrats!

Re. "fabulous pictures", I have ignored photography for so long now, almost 3 years. I take the occasional pictures with the phone camera. And the rare ones taken with my main camera are still waiting to be processed. I just don't like my own photos any longer. I need to break out of this downwards spiral but I don't know how. :(

Asher Kelman

Cem,

Can you share any guidance on using Instagram and other social media efficiently from OPF?

I am happy to store the images here!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Cem,

Can you share any guidance on using Instagram and other social media efficiently from OPF?

I am happy to store the images here!

Asher
Hi Asher,

Don't know anything about this forum software, yet. I was just trying out the "media" link which allows linking to many popular sites.

Asher Kelman

Not really as it is part of a languagecand a continued exploration. The concept of “Portals” has such broad implication for moving populations, privacy and connections between cultures. I think it’s still very fresh and up to date!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Look at http://OPFGalleryOne, are there any pictures you especially like?

Any of mine you would like one your wall?

I don’t need flattery, I am really interested in the possible scope of what you might like. If there are any that move you I would love to know. If one happens to be mine that would be fun but that is incidental.

Perhaps we don’t have a broad enough set to choose from but it’s a start!

Interested in exploring?

Asher