• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: So, Are You aUser of a Phone with Two Back Cameras?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was amazed by the versatility of the iPhone Xs Max. I just thought I was having bigger screen and didn’t give much attention.

Here’s the magic for those who don’t yet own one!

1. Zoom: One can zoom in 2X to take a picture with a longer lens by simply a finger touch to the screen!

2. “Portrait Mode”: in which the files from both cameras are fused and then at will, one can focus or deficits the background to taste!

3. “Live Mode”: While aiming, the camera records many perfectly great sequential shots and then one can choose the best take. I am not sure whether one suffers resolution loss!

4. “Raw” with App: I have acquired a $5 app that allows one to adjust the lens and shutter control as in a regular camera.

I am simply amazed by the versatility of the phone as a convenient camera.

So, two questions:

1. What is your experience with these multi-lens phones?

2. Will we soon see multiple lenses with even larger sensors on mass-produced digicams?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Portrait Mode: on the way hone from physical therapy, I explored with my new iPhone XS Max.

I discovered an alley of Wilshire Blvd, (Beverly Hills), with flowers and looked through a window to meet a girl arranging flowers!

F= F4.5

F= 1.4

F= 1.4 Studio Light Modification

F= 1.4 Studio Light Modification
Refined exposure

Cropped!

Asher

James Lemon

The ergonomics of making pictures with a camera feels more suitable for me. Indoors at ISO 100 - F/1.4 -shutter speed 1/25 .

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Of course, but with a phone it’s like cheating and getting a picture without having a camera!

I would prefer your picture of the two, but for me, it’s the casual non-threatening way my phone can recruit a collaborator is a bonus!

Asher

James Lemon

Of course, but with a phone it’s like cheating and getting a picture without having a camera!

I would prefer your picture of the two, but for me, it’s the casual non-threatening way my phone can recruit a collaborator is a bonus!

Asher

Sure it may be casual but when one is collaborating I don't think they feel anymore or less threatened by a pocket phone or a large format camera when having their photo taken.

James