• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We are so grateful for the bravest folk who are putting themselves and their families on the line for the community.

These are pictures from a Dove Soap Ad

9045F156-E46F-4453-B99B-6EF87820C6B3.jpeg

4B604F52-2BB9-41E0-9597-2C8D3C0123B8.jpeg

These health workers work one on one with the most dangerously infected patients: those so weakened by the novel coronavirus they they depend on the nurses to stay alive!

Asher

Asher Kelman

One after the other some patients recover and others succumb. Family is not allowed near. So the nurses have to be the sole source of comfort.

9BEA0EEB-8CEE-469B-B972-3109C427A893.jpeg

82E269CD-EC22-4B84-A20C-9B5AD46CF95C.jpeg

13FEDC91-84CC-45A5-9286-C2442CE94EE4.jpeg

When a patient dies, the nurses form a circle, hold gloves hands and keep saying the full name of the deceased person so as to mark their passing and prevent their passing being just a body bag with a number!

Asher

Asher Kelman

In between cases, a nurse may crouch head in arms, lean on a colleague, hide in a stairwell for a moment of solace, or stare at the sky out of any window to get distracted and catch their breath.

Meanwhile there’s news that another nurse doctor or janitor at the hospital died today!

EABDB5A2-9778-4DD8-9458-B8DC9E9183AF.jpeg

29B2C0FE-D120-4448-9ECF-DDE219E67492.jpeg

C7994243-42AD-4F87-AC51-2498B8085BA9.jpeg

At the end of the day, nurses go home, stretched to the limit and break down sobbing, or steel themselves to make dinner for their own family.

Asher Kelman

I don’t know whether or not these pictures were taken of actual nurses on the job, but they have provided names, so I do feel this series is a brilliant and sensitive documentary.

If anyone can trace for these images were obtained that would be wonderful to know.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I don’t know whether or not these pictures were taken of actual nurses on the job, but they have provided names, so I do feel this series is a brilliant and sensitive documentary.

If anyone can trace for these images were obtained that would be wonderful to know.

Asher
But where did YOU get them from?

Asher Kelman

But where did YOU get them from?
There was an advert on TV which gave recognition.

Here in the USA, in most hospitals 95% of the pressure is Coronavirus care as happened in Italy.

We are now better off than several weeks ago. Now a few hospitals could be starting regular surgeries over the next weeks or moths months.

Asher.

Asher Kelman

One needs some balance here. It’s true that the photographic documentary is so deeply impressive and salutes the nurses so well!

One can say thanks to Dove not just selling soap but to make a clear effort to salute selflessness and character and the best of the generous human spirit.

However, one side of me has some reservations that the commercial interests wish to leverage our emotions to place their company as noble too. I leave it to others to work this out.

I also wish someone could find out who the photographers were! How did they get access? What was the process front the ad agency to finding the first line nurses and being there when they unmasked? Just how many workers were photographed? Were there doctors too?

Asher

Robert Watcher

I don’t know if this photographer actually took the photos for the Dove Ad. He took pictures of nurses and doctors in his local hospital. From his Instagram account post, it appears that he may have. He uses the term “inspired the ad” whole showing the same people.

——-

The idea came from WPP’s Ogilvy Canada ad agency spotting photos of healthcare workers on the front lines, taken by Italian photographer Alberto Giuliani, says Alessandro Manfredi, executive vice president of the global Dove brand.

Alessandro Manfredi spoke about the ad campaign here. Sheds a little light on the process maybe:

————

I came across him from following Australian photographer Kirsty Greenland (I really like her work), and she follows Alberto Giuliani - https://instagram.com/k.greenland?igshid=1rwa7qnuytega

Last edited: