• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge for Pictures in a Series: Motif or Concept Towards ZEN

How about your ZEN Feelings?

Say, do you suppose it would be worthwhile to start a post about simplified Zen-ish photographs? Members could post sample images to illustrate approaches to minimize distracting elements.

Just a thought...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here are my very first attempts at such Zen simplicity, but I am bereft of Buddhist knowledge. I have meditated in a group 3 years ago and it was refreshing.

6298EB11-A4F3-46B9-8183-835E9DA085C6.jpeg

5F24F489-C160-4CDE-9F02-5260D7136136.jpeg

4270740A-5579-4155-8B32-8F422040EE3F.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Vase, Gate & Bowl”

Asher Kelman

I cannot match Maggie’s leaf, but that perfect shot gave me an idea:

C839B8B6-7DB0-4ECE-9AD6-EA11CEB49EF0.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “The Look Out”

Asher Kelman

Wolfgang,

Like a private temple offering!

When did you do this, it already has 5 visits by folk!

5A2A3DE2-08CD-40DB-BE5C-ABE77F245264.jpeg

The red and black ace it!

Would it also work blurred?

Asher

unrequitedbymaggie.jpg

Unrequited by Maggie Terlecki
In this image, I'm trying to show an emotion that artists, poets, musicians have written about and expressed throughout all time: Loving someone that does not love you in return, or may not know even that you are there.
What's going on with the shadows in this is very important to the title. I think it may work in this thread.

Asher Kelman

“Unrequited“Loving someone that does not love you in return, or may not know even that you are there.

What's going on with the shadows in this is very important to the title. I think it may work in this thread.

Maggie,

Yours works! I feel it. But the title IS required here to guide us with a tap on the shoulder pointing our gaze in the right direction.

The aphorism, that, “A picture should speak for itself!”,( like most of them), is false! Titles can set the mind to accept the implausible. Sometimes we need that.

Asher