• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A little bit of life...

Paul Iddon

Nothing much moving out there still in the depths of winter, but here are a few from the garden and outhouse walls tonight...

craneyoung2_small.jpg

craneyoung1_small.jpg

wood2_small.jpg

wall1_small.jpg

sluggy_small.jpg

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nothing much moving out there still in the depths of winter, but here are a few from the garden and outhouse walls tonight...

craneyoung2_small.jpg

craneyoung1_small.jpg

wood2_small.jpg

wall1_small.jpg

sluggy_small.jpg

Paul.
Interesting that they are all dark chocolate brown. Coincidence or your preference as master of this universe?

Asher

Paul Iddon

Interesting group . Have you tried to identify them?

#1 and #2 are almost certainly Culiseta annulata (a widespread and common mosquito of the British Isles).

#3 and #4 is the common woodlouse Oniscus asellus (typically grey with irregular light patches) and is usually found under bark and amongst leaf litter in gardens and woodlands. #3 was on a damp part of my garden fence, #4 inside the outhouse building in a space between bricks near the door.

#5 is one of 25 slugs over here - hard to identify some of them, this may have been a dusky slug Arion subfuscus but I am by no means certain!

Paul.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Paul,

This is stunning work!

By the way, the "slug" on your shots (sorry for the pun) is itself very nice.

Best regards, and stay safe.

Doug