• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

More Pool Hall Tomfoolery

Chris Calohan

With the exception of the last shot, these were all taken using the in-camera multiple exposure feature on the D850. With the exception of the first one I posted, these were all one frame, multiple shots (10) as I wanted to portray the action of the cue ball on the money balls.

Attachments

• 8-ball-safe.jpg
    8-ball-safe.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 9-ball-side-pocket.jpg
    9-ball-side-pocket.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 261
  • boomba.jpg
    boomba.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 255
  • carom.jpg
    carom.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 243
  • rail-shot.jpg
    rail-shot.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 242
  • the-money-shot2.jpg
    the-money-shot2.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 241

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
With the exception of the last shot, these were all taken using the in-camera multiple exposure feature on the D850. With the exception of the first one I posted, these were all one frame, multiple shots (10) as I wanted to portray the action of the cue ball on the money balls.
Chris,

Great job!

Perhaps Fuji has it as well?

I would love this capability. Pool seems such a great opportunity to perfect your technique with this tool.

It was normal for film cameras. On pressed a button underneath the camera body, each time one wanted an additional exposure on the same film frame!

Asher

Chris Calohan

I am thinking I want to go low ISO, low shutter, higher aperture to see if I can get more defined body movement involved with the balls moving.

Asher Kelman

Try it! Just have one standard setup to work on using a round plastic drain tube at an angle for ball to roll down. The angle of the pipe and length will define the exact speed in a 109% reproducible manner!

Good luck!

You still need the beautiful girl to hold your balls until you tell her to let them go!

Asher

Asher Kelman

and then who would snap the shutter...
You still need the beautiful girl to hold your balls until you tell her to let them go .....and they painlessly roll down the plastic tube to hit the balls on the table!

Using the long plastic tube might seem awkward and a tad uncomfortable at first.

She will get that hang of it, one way or another.

Asher