• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

3 MotifsL: I would love to hear your thoughts

A few years ago when I started photography, I was inspired to write some music for Alain Briot's picture compositions, we were even talking about a possible cooperation. However, I was not in the situation to deliver a quality I would have been satisfied with, nevertheless I was goofing along on some sound creations that I thought to be suitable.

Here is an example;

Alain's Fine Art Print:

http://www.beautiful-landscape.com/Print-of-the-month-20.html

Here is the the music I composed/performed towards this excellent work:

http://www.mediafire.com/?e3d3jyyzzlh

Now, this is a few years ago, and still, I am wondering about the combination of pictures and music in a certain form of presentation.

Not too long ago I improvised and recorded a few motifs that were on my mind, excuse the crap recording, not hot enough (loud enough) and a few crackels and pops due to the poor computer equipment I am currently using .

However, if you should listen to it, you will find three motifs, of which I find the last the most suitable for more detailed work in the future.

I am looking for a sound that I can use in a slideshow, which will describe Oceanviewstudio and the intention of our work.

So, here I am, slightly drunk after I got my bank loan, LOL, and asking for you opinion on the three motifs, if you only had the three to choose from, which one would you take? Which one appeals the most to you? I tell you what I feel, #3 is the one I would try to develop.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6iioglttzz4

And before I get harassment, I know, the second one has a strong leaning to Chopin, Pardon Fryderyk.

Thanks for listening!

~^..^~

Btw. I just layered my piano and some strings for this improvisation. Those bloody pops and crackls in the second motif came from a stressed out harddrive. Here is to hoping that my new macintosh will eat what I feed him. LOL

I just think #3 has a somewhat "irish" leaning, hence I consider this one the best to develop. Too bad I can not rent Hans Zimmer for a weekend. ;) He would do that so much better.

The Idea

Forgot to say, in this context, my idea is to purchase this here:

http://www.photographyframing.co.uk/

If you look at the picture of the blue acrylic frame, there is a version which incorporates a 19" LCD screen in the middle, and I would get a customised version with two panorama size apertures on top and bottom, and two oval shaped apertures to the left and right of the screen, where we will put two photo panoramas as well as two of Carol's work inside.

So on the 19" screen would run a presentation of Oceanviewstudio, with music that is. The whole thing would be something like may be 5-7 minutes as an idea.

The idea is to use this as a center point on the exhibitions I am planning.

Technically, the display is screwed to the wall, and the show runs from CF card which can not be accessed from the outside, so no one can steal it.

What do you think?

Thanks!
~^..^~

janet Smith

pro member
Good morning Georg, and what a beauty it is!! (hope you don't have a hangover) well we've just listened to these and we're impressed, very impressed...

My preference is the last one, hauntingly beautiful, very well done.

(hope you don't have a hangover)

Bad.... VERY BAD. LOL

I think so too, the third has a little irishness, doesn't it?

Nicolas wrote to me as well, he is not convinced about the idea of such presentation. But I was thinking, may be he misunderstood the concept. It is just about that single multimedia display, headphones, and btw. I think this is quite a nice frame/display, high quality,m they supply to some museum in London I think.

So all in all such a filmclips/slideshow/text/music presentation (no spoken words, no narration!)would describe our company, goals, work, involvement in charities etc. I intend to do that myself wtih final cut pro, get a half way descent camera to do the clips, eventually loan one, as I have no need for it afterwards, and position this frame/display in a good spot on our exhibitions for people to look/listen.

At the end of the day I consider this a sales/marketing tool to showcase the standard and quality of our work and present the corporate identity of Oceanviewstudio.

Thanks Janet & Paul!

P.S.
Glad to hear Kim is doin better!!!!

janet Smith

pro member
Bad.... VERY BAD. LOL

Hi Georg, Ouch!! I'm almost Tea-total these days, more than 2 glasses of wine and I feel weird...

Nicolas wrote to me as well, he is not convinced about the idea of such presentation

Hmm, I liked the music very much, but also have some reservations, the problem with this sort of display is that they are relatively common, and people often tend to pass by without stopping to look/listen, I think it would be prudent to try and ascertain if it would actually work i.e. would people stop and look/listen. Speaking personally, I find these digital display units a bit of a turn off, preferring to see the actual images i.e. prints in frames. Perhaps old fashioned, but it's just my taste...

Glad to hear Kim is doin better!!!!

Thanks for this Georg, she's much improved, but still hasn't to jump, which is presenting a bit of a problem getting her into the car, she's too heavy for me to lift, and Paul has hurt his back lifting her! Normally she uses a step and jumps into the car from that, I believe they make some kind of folding ramp for dogs to walk up, so we may have to invest in one of those for her before we go to Scotland. Anyway that's a minor problem which we will solve for her, the main thing is she's happy and mobile!

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
As Georg did mention our correspondance, I feel free to post here my thinking(s)…

Hi Georg
I'm not sure about the music… I mean not YOUR music, but the fact that there is music…
Your photos are strong enough, why won't you let the people to dig each without the risk of being bothered by a music they 'may' don't like…
It's different with video, because you have the movements (form camera and from subject) then it becomes a whole…

As to the framing, I do prefer each image to be viewded individually, even a dip or triptyque, they have to be nearby but in the same time to be able to be watched separetely…

Once more, your PHOTOGRAPHS are rich enough by themselves, keep them nude as a pretty women…
They don't need any artifices.

Keep it simple, a "Marie-Louise" and a very, very light/discrete/simple frame, and the joy will be in our eyes…

Sorry to be frank, but how could we stay friends if I'm not!

Note that in such place as exhibition room, basses our much more powerfull and less disturbing…

Just a flat screen on wall and a good sound system so the music is present but not overtaking…