• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

35 Minutes of Freedom

Robert Watcher

This afternoon is only the second time we have left our trailer other than the odd short walk around the property.

Anne was feeling the need again to get out and purchase her own groceries. Based on the last time, I figured I would have about a 30-40 minute wait in the car until she returned from the store - so I dropped her off at the entrance, and drove around a ten block section of our small town, looking for things to take pictures of —- while I stayed in the car.

To tell the truth, April in Ontario is not a great time for photo opportunities. Everything is pretty well drab and gray. But I managed a small selection (53 in total) of totally unrelated findings in those 35 minutes before returning to pick up a waiting Anne at the grocery store entrance.

Olympus E-M10 w/14-42 & 40-150 kit lenses. Transferred wirelessly to my iPad and processed in Snapseed. These are in the order that I shot them

0645E2D4-5AEA-4AE2-A2B7-2D5F4EB333B0.jpeg

B4A65911-DF0E-4985-A55A-7668A1BB6664.jpeg

C6E243DF-D435-4EAF-A310-091DE3F54940.jpeg

FC0329ED-D894-4E75-A7D9-278261538DA4.jpeg

D754806A-0F67-4234-A6A5-B3EE5A1CF886.jpeg

Last edited:

Tom dinning

Registrant*
How delightful, Robert.

I might take these into a Dream with me tonight and wander as you did. Along the way I’m sure I’ll meet a beautiful woman who will sweep me off my feet and dance me to her boudoir.
If it turns out to be Christine I will be cursing when I wake but content that I am safe from the clutches of COVID-19.
Although there are moments when I might take my chances with a mild contamination of something less lethal.

Robert Watcher

This pic (same location as first photo in the second set of this post) - was kind of fun to come across as I was driving. For a few seconds I saw the high town water tower stacked up behind a vibrant blue house as if it was an extension of it. I kept on driving around the blocks to see if there were any other interesting sights like that.

There wasn’t and so I circled back, driving slowly by the house again. I realized there was only a section of about 3 meters of the street where this illusion could be seen. Outside that, trees and houses obscured any view of the tower. I put the car in reserve once I found the limits, and crept slowly back until the tower was in the best position.

The Google map shows the separation of both locations. I realize it’s not a great or even interesting shot —- but for me it was the fun of the experience of coming across it.

A146B92E-7C13-40A7-879B-A3A59B10D24D.jpeg

379D8606-94D9-4E17-914F-EE7070E4ED3B.jpeg