• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

a bit of Zabriski Point at Death Valley

Steven Sinski

Death Valley- Zabriski Point, well at least a bit of it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Death Valley- Zabriski Point, well at least a bit of it.

Steven,

When were you there? This is the first time I’ve seen it and it’s spectacularly sculpted and lit!

I trust this is one of a series you will share.

You have whetted our appetites for more and how you reached each stop!

This is the stuff of explorers and the National Geographic!

Asher

Steven Sinski

I do "explore" but I'm not quite edgy enough for this generation of NG. Zabriskie Point is easily accessed a few hundred feet off of Cal Rt 190 in Death Valley. it is advised to go late in the year (Nov+)unless you like it "warm". sorry about the locations original misspelling. tends to be popular. at this location there are hundreds of outstanding opportunities to immortalize. start there early.

Asher Kelman

Grateful for the extra view! Do we know anything about the geological history, how it came to be layered and then broken and heaved up and then worn smooth at the peaks?

Is this glacial effects or what?

So does one have to do much climbing to this or is this relatively accessible for a non athletic type! Carrying my camera and lenses itself is a chore I can do, but not for more than a 1/2 mile from my car, LOL!

Asher

Steven Sinski

oh, this place is a wonderland. its geologic history is well known and lots is written on it. as far as getting to the point it is a parking lot and a few hundred feet of ramp type walking to the platform area. bring water and possibly a cart. the basic issue is that there is way too much to see around there. i do work for the NPS and i needed to do what i refer to as an exercise (which usually ends up being in stupidity) but i got shots. not perfect and not in my realm of usual work. but i needed to get into it.

Last edited:

Steven Sinski

moving on and wanting the surreal lets go to Bryce Canyon, UT (5.5 hr drive from DV). this is on a hike to lower calf creek falls. the eye in the wall.

Steven Sinski

Asher Kelman

Amazing work, Steven.

This is literally a treasure trove of great imagery!

This pictures are interesting to me asxa reminder of the work years ago of another gifted photographer, Robbins who photographed views containing metal and natural elements bound together.

The have a special value for me as they show junction between the natural and metal as a universal tool!

Asher