• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Few photos before I knew what I was doing

Tim Mayeux

Before I knew what I was doing wrong or right.

These are from Brugge, Belgium taken with a Minolta Maxxum HT si plus, with a Kodak 80-210mm.

These are scans of 35mm prints, that were processed commerically.

Thanks for looking.

b3.png
B8.png

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Challenge: Beautiful & Fine Portraits of Vegetables & fruit: "Still life"

Great to see these scans. Could you tell us about the story behond the buildings. What's the nature of those slit "windows", decorative or for archers?

Asher

Tim Mayeux

First thanks for looking.

Sorry I did not go into detail about the pics, I will fix that as best I can now.

Left: As far as I can remember the windows were for decoration. I liked this shot for the lines created by the "step down". This is the unedited print, and it could use some cropping and color adjustment. Also, if I had the chance to do it again (and I will) I will work with the DOF. This was taken from a moving tour boat, the next time I will use a tripod and slow down the shutter to try and get it to "pop" a bit more. That is if the light will allow.

Right: Well I can not remember much about this, my notes were lost on this trip, but again it was from the same tour boat. It was the symmetry and the color that drew me to this shot. Again, I think a polarizer and a slower shutter would help bring out the details.

In truth, these are nothing but snap shots. They have given me an insight to what could be accomplished, so I guess they have some value there.

Tim

Tim Mayeux

2 more from the same trip

This first pic has a little bit of croping done to it, and that is all. Again this is one more example of where my lack of experence and equipment got the better of me. Again, taken from a moving boat with the lens all the out at 210mm. I like the "glass" look of the water. other than that, it was just one more shot that got away.
B11.jpg

THis last one speaks for itself and says nothing. Was trying to work with the bridge as a natural frame. I just could not pull it all close enough.
B10.png

If nothing else this trip showed me that I have a long way to go, but also that this city is calling to me. As soon as I figure out what it is saying to me, and what I want it to say to you I will be going back.

Tim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks, Tim!

Yes, the last one is now the right way up! What happened before I don't know!

Asher

Dave McAllister

You mention going back and retaking. It would be interesting to see a series laying the shots side-by-side, old vs new, to get a feel of how far you've come.