• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A little comic relief..

fahim mohammed

How you feel about a person of different ethnicity, race, colour is not the issue here. We know we all love each other and there is peace and harmony across the globe with coca cola being the moderator.

What do you think the Fox News presenter meant when she said Jesus ( PBUH ) was white? What are the broader implications of such thought?

Do you think Goebbels would have also believed that ' Jesus ' was ' white ' ?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
How you feel about a person of different ethnicity, race, colour is not the issue here. We know we all love each other and there is peace and harmony across the globe with coca cola being the moderator.

What do you think the Fox News presenter meant when she said Jesus ( PBUH ) was white? What are the broader implications of such thought?

Do you think Goebbels would have also believed that ' Jesus ' was ' white ' ?

The Fox conversation of being "white" relates to the layered evolved and evolving and struggling bargaining and posturing, struggling and conceding, then arguing from the beginning again as America in all it's overlapping interdigitating groups comes to terms with the reality of universal valuation of a person as just a person, a unit of humanity. The current barrier is the lingering concept of exceptionalism.

In Goebbel's world there was no such dynamic, rather a manic reaction to the concept that Jews could be considered apart from vermin. No one debated such an idea, rather it was the challenge to come up with a final solution to that obsessional xenophobic delusion and the solution was mass muder on an industrial scale.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, I wonder if mandela's Jesus was ' white '.
Btw, which was the only country not officially
Represented at Mandela's state funeral.

I wonder why?

Jerome Marot

How you feel about a person of different ethnicity, race, colour is not the issue here.

Quite on the contrary it is. The first child is from Sri Lanka, the second one from Finland. All these people are from the same origin and so are also the people from Israel / Palestine or Saudi Arabia. The first child descends from tribes with fair skin with no influence from people from African origin. The skin color adapts in a few generation.

Visiting Sri Lanka is actually enlightening on the futility of the concept of "race" as linked to skin hues, because the people there have features which we recognize to be rare amongst people from African descent and common amongst people from European descent (e.g. baldness in males, pilosity, the way they grow fat and facial features), yet the people have dark skin hues.

I am sorry, but you are the person here trying to impose an artificial concept of "race" and that is also the issue here.

Jerome Marot

Btw, which was the only country not officially
Represented at Mandela's state funeral.

More than one country was not officially represented at Mandela's state funeral. Here is the map for your convenience:

800px-Dignitaries_at_the_memorial_service_of_Nelson_Mandela.svg.png

(Heads of state and government are dark green and Government representatives are light green. Source)

fahim mohammed

Jerome..let's not get too argumentative here.

Simple..what do you think the Fox news presenter meant by saying ' Jesus is white '.

Is it too hard for you to grasp, or are you reluctant to say what you know is meant.

Do not be naive. I know you are an educated and literate person.

fahim mohammed

So what do you think the presenter meant Jerome?
Could she have meant that he was not ' colored ' ?

Maybe she meant Jesus was not a Jew.

What do you think?

Is it that hard to understand; my question for you? Or are you trying to evade an answer that might be inconvenient, for Sri Lankan Christian children.

fahim mohammed

I am sorry, but you are the person here trying to impose an artificial concept of "race" and that is also the issue here.

I asked a simple question re: what a Fox News presenter said.

And everyone goes on and on about other things. And you bring Sri Lankan kids..what has that got to do with the simple question I asked.

Either answer it or just keep silent. Rather than divert the topic to other things.

Jerome Marot

Fahim, you know very well that I am not diverting the topic and that I answer your questions. You know just as well that your questions are disingenuous, for example the one with the alleged "only country who did not attend Mandela's funeral".

Did you know that there are statues and icons representing the virgin Mary with black skin all over the world? In Europe, the tradition dates back to the middle ages. The child on her lap is usually represented with dark skin as well.

As to the children of Sri Lanka, they are buddhist and Siddhartha Gautama Buddha, being a native of north India, had fair skin. I don't think it upsets them.

The question about Fox News has been adequately answered by Asher. I don't watch Fox News (or any TV for that matter), so he is the expert, not me.

fahim mohammed

But Jerome, you still have not answered the original question..

What do you think the Fox News presenter meant by saying that ' Jesus is white '.

I have to insist on you either answering ( or not ) the above query. And Sri Lanka or Buddha is not the topic of discussion.

Doug Kerr

Dear Fahim,

Simple..what do you think the Fox news presenter meant by saying ' Jesus is white '.

Does a duck quack? Does a cow moo?

She means, "US president Barack Obama is ruining this country." Le renard uses many disingenuous metaphors for that, their sole message. This one is a bit more indirect than some others.

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I feel the urge to say something, but I'm in a good mood, so I'll choose not to offend any or all of you. Which I reckon I could if I said what I'm thinking.

Asher Kelman

Dear Fahim,

Does a duck quack? Does a cow moo?

She means, "US president Barack Obama is ruining this country." Le renard uses many disingenuous metaphors for that, their sole message. This one is a bit more indirect than some others.

Best regards,

Doug

She might very well mean, "that black President who used his snake oil charm to seduce our country, is using every slick scheme to ruin the country which our white forefathers have founded based on the values of Jesus, who BTW, was certainly NOT a sneaky African posing as a true American."

Or more simply, "You slumbering blind idiots, Jesus was one of ours, white people, and, (addressing the President and his mentor for decades, The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, that includes the Jews and EXCLUDES your new friends out there!"

But, Fahim,

You have other ideas that are still obscure to me. It would help to know which country did you consider was noticeably "not represented in South Africa"? Also what do you think the Fox News presenter meant by asserting that "Jesus was white!"? Do we have different understandings here?

Asher

fahim mohammed

I need to take English Language lessons; that has become very apparent.

I had obviously misinterpreted what the Fox News presenter had said. My apologies.

Nothing more to add from my side.

Antonio Correia

...All good red bloodied, freedom-loving Americans need to be against

• abortion
  • birth control
  • separation of Church and State
  • the concept of Global Warming
  • "feminazis"
  • affordable health care
  • minimum wages
  • the idea that the earth is older than 5,000 years
  • taking away tax-free status from Churches etc
...Asher

Asher, you are joking aren't you ?

Doug Kerr

Hi, António,

Yes, I'm sure this is intended as sarcasm.

You need to be aware that the term "freedom-loving Americans" is often used by those with a highly "right-wing" outlook to mean only people of a similar outlook.

The intimation is that those with a more "progressive" outlook, often described as "liberal" or "left-leaning", are not loyal to the country or its ideal of freedom—perhaps they are actually "Communists".

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

I was not joking at all, my good friend from Setubal! :)

The saddening thing is that Fox News promulgates and propagates these dislikes as it tries to paint Democrats as not being true and genuine Americans. If you support or even tolerate any of the positions I listed, then you are selling out the Founding Fathers' legacy of "Freedom" and individual independence and responsibility.

They see two types if citizens here: themselves, the true-blooded Americans proud of the flag and U.S. Exceptionalism and the rest who are at the least impractical tree-hugging, dreamers and at worst, the anti-Christ, bringing ruin to the good values of a moral and just, albeit somewhat flawed American apple-pie society.

Sorry if you thought I was using some sort of humor, that was a misinterpretation! In all likelihood, there's no non-eruptive cure! The only pragmatic solution is through satirical programs like Bill Maher or Saturday Night Live, my antidotes to Conservative mania and delusion in this country. In addition it helps to have music, the arts, fine wine and a great circle if family and friends! That,s part of the many values for me in OPF!

Asher

Asher Kelman

BTW, I must apologize for seemingly stubborn obturate and indefensible behavior in claiming not to understand the meaning of the woman's simple sentence about Jesus that he was white. The true meaning, beyond what I know Fox "News-heads" promulgate, (which is divisiveness), really escapes me.

I sincerely have not comprehended for sure what on earth she means by what she claims. I don't even know if she knows what "white" might mean, other than her face in the mirror.

Asher

The only pragmatic solution is through satirical programs like Bill Maher or Saturday Night Live, my antidotes to Conservative mania and delusion in this country.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart also spent some time on that Fox news item:

Fragment: http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-december-12-2013/war-on-christmas---s--t-s-getting-weird-edition---black-santa
Full show: http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/thu-december-12-2013-evangeline-lilly

Cheers,
Bart

Doug Kerr

Hi, Andrew,

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

I have always liked that thought.

It was spoken by Actor George C. Scott in his role as General George S. Patton in the film "Patton".

Some would like to think that General Patton said it. There is no evidence that he did.

Of course, in a humorous passage, I attribute to two generals things they never said:

"War is hell"
-Sherman (An actual quote]​

"Yes, but the work is steady"
-Patton​

"And it's much nicer with a cute driver"
-Eisenhower​
Best regards,

Doug

I am impressed by a quotation attributed to Robert E. Lee at the Battle of Fredericksburg and addressed to James Longstreet:

"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it."

Asher Kelman

The more I learn about the nature of life on this planet, all the marvels of similarity and minute differences which define our nature, I find it so hard to reconcile one people being self-confident that they really believe, they themselves, are worth more than other peoples in the grand scheme of things! We are not masters, just passengers in a wave of current life form. Actually, even the concept of species is highly suspect. I think there's just one miracle: DNA and the rest is just chance.

Meanwhile, in the practicality of living in societies that make us brush against each other, it's really helpful to have some social scaffolding to allow families to raise up a new generation with basic values of mutual respect and honor. For that religion serves a great purpose.

The mistake is when zealots think their scaffolding is meant for hanging adults who question the set up!

Asher

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
I have a great distaste for politics and the machinations of either side of the spectrum however historically there can be little doubt that all the characters from the records of the bible up to the common era would have been of decidedly middle eastern appearance. There is an interesting reference to blond hair being Germanic in origin (and specifically that it was extremely rare in the region) in the Mishanic texts written around that time.