• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A little theif

Ron Morse

No matter what I do I can't keep these little bandits out of the bird feeder.

_MG_8661.jpg

_MG_8669.jpg

_MG_8672.jpg

I just noticed theif. I meant thief.

Mary Bull

Ron, these are perfectly wonderful.
With these images available to me to look at, I'm abandoning any hope of shooting my own similar back-yard bandits--at least not with any similar degree of satisfaction!

Mary

Alan T. Price

Mary, that would be a mistake even though I agree they are nice images.

Notice the very soft background blur that comes from setting up the bird feeder in the right place. You can do that too if you have enough space in your yard. Even the best lens will not be good enough if the subject isn't placed correctly with regard to the background and of course the camera. Conversely, the right set-up can result in pleasing images from modest photographic equipment. So there is still hope.

Mary Bull

I am not able to safely have a bird feeder where I now live.

There are cats about.

Not my own. I have always kept my cats strictly confined indooors.

But there's a beautiful Siamese--expensively collared--who roams about from time to time--I may get lucky and snap that one someday.

And a little black cat, so like my own M&M that my heart almost stopped the first tiime I saw it in my driveway. I thought I'd inadvertently let her out--it was right after we had moved into this house in 2003. But then I saw that this one lacked the little chest logo. (M&M is afraid of doors, and therefore never troubles me by running out--I regret doing it, but when she was two months old I shut the door on the tip of her tail.)

Ah, another thought: I could feed the squirrels directly on the ground. They're lightning fast--no cat could catch one of them. Thanks, Alan, I think I'll try that.

Now the Eastern Cottontails: at dawn or dusk I can easily shoot them.

Asher has a couple of files of one that pleases me very much. Perhaps he'll use that bunny in one of the fora, one of these days.

Mary