• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Pair

Kevin Stroud

KCS_8892.jpg

Kevin Stroud: A Pair

I noticed the red berry first then the mushrooms had to lay down to get this shot one from Algonquin Park http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv141/capgun4570/KCS_8892.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StuartRae

Hi Kevin,

I like the composition, with the old and new side by side, but:

I'm struggling to find any important part of the shot that's in focus. I'd suggest using centre point focusing and choosing what you consider to be the most important part, so that's in focus.

At f4.5 you're going to get a shallow DOF. Abandon program mode, set the camera to Av, gain control of the aperture and use a tripod if necessary.

I'd be tempted to remove the dead twig in front of the larger mushroom, and possibly the bracken frond in front of the smaller one.

The red berries add little to the shot - the mushrooms are the stars, but since they're there it's OK..

The cap of the larger mushroom is completely blown, and the smaller one is almost so. If you shot in raw you could probably recover some detail.

Best wishes,

Stuart