• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Yellow African Iris Gets a Visitor

Chris Calohan

african-iris.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am glad to be introduced to this flower. Do you happen to also have side views?

I wonder what the history is. Looks like a bee but perhaps it a fly that masquerades as a bee?

Asher

Chris Calohan

This flower was only about a foot off the ground and I don't do that low any more lest I plan on staying down for the duration of time. This is what we call a flower bee. They do hive but as far as my experience with them, no stingers.

Asher Kelman

I think I have seen such a flower this week! That smudge of brown got locked in my brain!

Guess I’m not to old to learn still!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Well here it is:

38458E6B-2CD7-42A7-A7AF-3DAEE07D8A7D.jpeg

It looks like I have known this plant for some time but I never took to the brown patches on alternate petals and in retrospect I missed out!

One shouldn’t ignore mother nature’s gifts!

Asher

Asher Kelman

But I am more easily seduced by a flash of deep rich golden peach yellow!

D40660B1-F889-48CE-879C-FD728079ADF4.jpeg

So it’s easy to not notice more modestly colored flowers of equal worth to nature!

Asher

When I look up the yellow african Iris, its petals are yellow and yours are white, which makes it the White African Iris. It's gorgeous! :)

But I am more easily seduced by a flash of deep rich golden peach yellow!

So it’s easy to not notice more modestly colored flowers of equal worth to nature!

Asher
4B7098A3-1C6C-4968-9816-5276A633DFB0.jpeg

This looks more like a day Lily to me. I have some close to this color but with orange tinge, while this is more of a uniform color. Still very pretty and lovely!