• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Advertising in Photography magazines

Ken Aspeslagh

Hi:

My company has just started marketing a photo recovery program for Mac users. (Software to recover digital photos that were accidentally deleted, etc.)

Does anyone have suggestions on which print magazines we could be advertising it in?

Many thanks!
-Ken

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I Ken
I would save money and advertise in photographic related foras! You'll reach the entire World, getting targeted on your specific public! spot on!
Unfortunately you won't (yet?) be able to hard advertise (but still can announce in the specific forum) in OPF...
Now for my info, is this recovery program working on cards or HDs or both?

Ken Aspeslagh

print advertising

Thanks!

Nicolas: Our software is for recovering from memory cards only.
I'm always hesitant to post anything that could be considered an ad to forums, fearing that it would be thought of as spam. But if there's a specific section for Announcements, then I probably will do that.

We are still considering experimenting with a print ad though. Anyone have a magazine suggestion? I'm fairly familiar with Mac-specific publications, but I'm not up on what's popular for photographers. Hmm.. I wonder if Flickr will ever start selling ads! ;)

Theo: It's not the only one available for Mac users, but it's the only one that's written specifically for Mac.

BTW, it's here:
http://ecamm.com/mac/cardraider/

-Ken

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Thanks!

Nicolas: Our software is for recovering from memory cards only.
I'm always hesitant to post anything that could be considered an ad to forums, fearing that it would be thought of as spam. But if there's a specific section for Announcements, then I probably will do that.

Hi Ken
you may post in Uptown: Explore at your risk!/Great Deals: Gear &software but state Affiliation…