• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Affinity Photo for Mac

Robert Watcher

Hi Antonio. I have purchased Affinity Photo and am quite pleased with many of the features of it.

As for Lightroom being able to read files - - - Affinity does have it's own proprietary format called .afphoto. When I attempted to Import those files into Lightroom, they were NOT recognized.

However - files from within Affinity Photo can be Exported out using popular formats like JPEG, TIFF, PSD etc. All of these formats Imported into Lightroom without issue.

For my workflow though, I am always Importing my files from my memory card into Lightroom as a first step and way to keep my files organized. I who never find myself opening any files in a Photoshop or Photo style editor as a first option.

And so there are no file compatibility issues with Affinity Photo if done this way, as I would open any files required more extensive composite work, from within Lightroom and when done, Affinity Photo sends them back to Lightroom where I can continue on processing, saving and printing.

I have just put together a video showing the steps involved in setting up Affinity Photo as an External Editor for integration into Lightroom Workflow:

---------

Antonio Correia

Thank you Robert for the explanation and video.

I have not bought it ... so far.

Using this software is a way to overcome the monthly payment to Adobe by subscribing CS and that looks an advantage for the user.

Perhaps Affinity would be even more competitive if it would have incorporated a file management like the one in LR with keywords for example.

Antonio Correia

Move to Apple instead ...

Next year perhaps :) :)
imac-5k-select-201505

Hi Antonio. I have purchased Affinity Photo and am quite pleased with many of the features of it.

As for Lightroom being able to read files - - - Affinity does have it's own proprietary format called .afphoto. When I attempted to Import those files into Lightroom, they were NOT recognized.

However - files from within Affinity Photo can be Exported out using popular formats like JPEG, TIFF, PSD etc. All of these formats Imported into Lightroom without issue.

For my workflow though, I am always Importing my files from my memory card into Lightroom as a first step and way to keep my files organized. I who never find myself opening any files in a Photoshop or Photo style editor as a first option.

And so there are no file compatibility issues with Affinity Photo if done this way, as I would open any files required more extensive composite work, from within Lightroom and when done, Affinity Photo sends them back to Lightroom where I can continue on processing, saving and printing.

I have just put together a video showing the steps involved in setting up Affinity Photo as an External Editor for integration into Lightroom Workflow:

---------

Hence, to use Affinity with LR one has to additionally convert into other file format? It steals my time(

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hence, to use Affinity with LR one has to additionally convert into other file format? It steals my time(

Mario,

I also would never consider storing images in anything but a file that can be read by my other software. So one can decide to routinely save all Affinity files as .Tiff or .jpg. I haven't looked for a setting in Affinity as yet, but I would imagine that one should be able to set a default for OSD, Tiff it whatever one wishes.

Asher

Antonio Correia

For some time I worked with Affinity.
I was upset about the missing connection between the two apps and I decided to move on and work only with LR and CS6.