• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

American Homes Frozen!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It’s awful in many places. Peopke frozen to death on cars snowed in on highways in worst hit places like Buffalo New York!

BF9DF6DD-9387-4458-9769-39BFAE19E3DF.jpeg

Entire house frozen in ice around Lake Eerie!

Stunning!

Asher

Jerome Marot

It was bout 10°C in Munich this week and 15°C is expected on Saturday, which is exceptionally warm for the season. The different situation between Europe and the USA is rather common actually: the warming up of the Atlantic ocean warms up western and northern Europe, up to the Arctic ocean. The cool air masses which normally sit over the arctic then go down the American continent, wich has no mountain chains running east-west to stop them.

The extreme snow events over North America which have been recurrent in the past years are a consequence of the Atlantic being warmer.

Playing with this site allows one to get a feel of the climate: https://earth.nullschool.net/ The menus are hidden in the bottom left corner.

Asher Kelman

… the warming up of the Atlantic ocean warms up western and northern Europe, up to the Arctic ocean. The cool air masses which normally sit over the arctic then go down the American continent, wich has no mountain chains running east-west to stop them.

The extreme snow events over North America which have been recurrent in the past years are a consequence of the Atlantic being warmer.

Playing with this site allows one to get a feel of the climate: https://earth.nullschool.net/ The menus are hidden in the bottom left corner.
I should be disqualified as a scientist for not investigating this whether phenomenon myself!

Thanks so much, Jérôme for providing such a great explanation and a link to help us understand the process better!

Now how did this link come about? You already knew it or the images of our extreme conditions got you investigating?

Asher

Asher Kelman

Fabulous threads!

Earth.nullschool is a most interesting site. But it requires itself to be “used” and for us to ask!

My fault is not interfacing with the site sufficiently, so it’s part of my mental workspace like a calculator, the BBC news website or Google!

I will try to correct that!

Asher