• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

An exploration of Perfectly Clear as an addition step in Portrait Processing.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Of course, there are so many great pathways to choose in processing RAW files. I happen to use mostly ACR in Photoshop 2020, (same as in Lightroom) or else Capture One. Here I used Portrait Pro Studio as the skin smoothing step.

But in addition to so many other solid initial choices, such as DXO, ON1 and Affinity, there are new temptations.

One that has caught my eye is "Perfectly Clear" with an impressive set of AI controls.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

It appears that Perfectly Clear "Glamorous setting", (of course on a Photoshop Layer), used at about 66% gives an extra dimensional touch to the face with more depth and glamour. So first try is impressive.

So this app really appears well worth exploring further.

Asher

Asher Kelman

I will now start off with the plan to develop portraits using alternate competing paths with Portrait Pro and Perfectly Clear.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Of course, there are so many great pathways to choose in processing RAW files. I happen to use mostly ACR in Photoshop 2020, (same as in Lightroom) or else Capture One. Here I used Portrait Pro Studio as the skin smoothing step.

But in addition to so many other solid initial choices, such as DXO, ON1 and Affinity, there are new temptations.

One that has caught my eye is "Perfectly Clear" with an impressive set of AI controls.

Apart the better effect of sharpening of her eyes and eyelashes, I do prefer the 1st version (the one on top)

Asher Kelman

That’s why I need to be fair to both and work in parallel. Perfectly Clear might well be revolutionary, but again has to be used like an artists engraving tools: too little and it wont hold the printing ink and too much and the work is ruined!

I think we are both going to find it impressively beneficial!

Ashef

Doug Kerr

What I mostly see in your second version (based on a side-by-side comparison) is that the whole image seems slightly less "sharp" in the second one.

Best regards,

Doug