• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Film: an Ode 2 Edw Weston, with apologies

Jim Galli

Ode2EdwWestonS.jpg

ode to Edw Weston

This is just a first fruit of the '09 Tonopah photographic workshop completed Friday last. I developed LF films most of yesterday and have many to scan.

This was in one of the sheds at the Tonopah Historic Mining Park. Everyone who saw it immediately thought of Edw. Weston's famous shot of the toilet in Rhyolite NV.

Shot on 5X7 with an ancient achromatic meniscus landscape lens. I will soon dazzle you with some sharp photographs. Patience.

Rachel Foster

I've stopped at that gas station. Ah well, it reminds me of countless gas stations between Ft. Worth and Los Angeles in the 60s. Memories..

Nice image.

This is just a first fruit of the '09 Tonopah photographic workshop completed Friday last. I developed LF films most of yesterday and have many to scan.

This was in one of the sheds at the Tonopah Historic Mining Park. Everyone who saw it immediately thought of Edw. Weston's famous shot of the toilet in Rhyolite NV.

Very very smooth... I hope you are going to contact-print this!

Jim Galli

Thanks for looking. So many good negs. I've fooled myself into thinking that perhaps in retirement some day I will print until I die. It's a nice thought. I love wet darkroom work, so relaxing. These negs would prove perfect for Pt/Pd. Every couple of years I mix a big batch up. Maybe tomorrow.