• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

André Carrilho

Antonio Correia

ANDRÉ CARRILHO is a designer, illustrator, cartoonist, animator and caricature artist, based in Lisbon, Portugal.
He has won several national and international prizes and has shown his work in group and solo exhibitions in Brazil, China, Czech Republic, France, Portugal, Spain and USA.
In 2002 he was awarded the Gold Award for Illustrator’s Portfolio by the Society for News Design (USA), one of the most prestigious illustration awards in the world.
His work has been published by The New York Times, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, New York Magazine, Standpoint, Independent on Sunday, NZZ am Sonntag, Word Magazine, Harper’s Magazine and Diário de Notícias, among other publications.
-
André Carrilho in Flickr
Here is one of his works inserted in The Independent and the photograph I made of him a couple of days ago.

Robert Watcher

You have such a style António. I am impressed that you have access to so many people with stature. Excellent quality of photograph.

Antonio Correia

You have such a style António. I am impressed that you have access to so many people with stature. Excellent quality of photograph.

Thank you Robert ! :)

The thing is that the person I am cooperating with has the knowledge of many people with stature in spite of I, myself do know some ... :)

My images are very classical. Too "old style" ! :) :)

Robert Watcher

Thank you Robert ! :)

The thing is that the person I am cooperating with has the knowledge of many people with stature in spite of I, myself do know some ... :)

My images are very classical. Too "old style" ! :) :)

Hey - many times contacts, are just as important or even more important that who YOU know. There is still a place for "old style" I think. :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
ANDRÉ CARRILHO is a designer, illustrator, cartoonist, animator and caricature artist, based in Lisbon, Portugal.
He has won several national and international prizes and has shown his work in group and solo exhibitions in Brazil, China, Czech Republic, France, Portugal, Spain and USA.
In 2002 he was awarded the Gold Award for Illustrator’s Portfolio by the Society for News Design (USA), one of the most prestigious illustration awards in the world.
His work has been published by The New York Times, The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, New York Magazine, Standpoint, Independent on Sunday, NZZ am Sonntag, Word Magazine, Harper’s Magazine and Diário de Notícias, among other publications.

André Carrilho in Flickr

Here is one of his works inserted in The Independent and the photograph I made of him a couple of days ago.

Antonio,

Your work is classic with rich tonalities and a nice flavor of dark chocolate. You have mastered the pose. Your the lighting enhances the features and provides a 3D form that is so important and venerable. This style gives status to your subjects, those already noted for their achievements and also the common man, doing his own thing to his/her best.

You remind me most of August Sandler, but he took in the milieux of the mayor and coal delivery man as the b.g. That you've done in your worker series, but now everything seems to focus on the person with the b.g. relegated mostly to provide "depth" and "negative space".

We're all proud of your extreme focus and standardization, so your pictures are more and more recognizable.

Your work allows your subjects to populate minds they'd never otherwise reach. So add a little more text on each person's life and it will be a treasure that really lasts.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Asher. In fact, I do my best :)
I do have plan for many more portraits around here hi hi hi

Meanwhile look at this gorgeous sketch by my model. Just one note: This is in Lisbon and the carnation is a metaphor to the 25th April 74.

13891971656_8d74115552.jpg
[/url]Gabriel Garcia Marquez by André Carrilho, on Flickr[/IMG]​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Asher. In fact, I do my best :)
I do have plan for many more portraits around here hi hi hi

Meanwhile look at this gorgeous sketch by my model. Just one note: This is in Lisbon and the carnation is a metaphor to the 25th April 74.

13891971656_8d74115552.jpg
[/url]Gabriel Garcia Marquez by André Carrilho, on Flickr[/IMG]​

Perhaps a td off topic, if you'll allow, as your revolution could be a great lesson for all of us!

The "Carnation-style" Revolution only works when the population are fed up with expensive expansionist and arrogant nationalistic policies. The Russians now have their tin-pot dictator and he has 80% popularity because the folk have no insight that it will make them poor to have all their colonies back! Right now they could do with some history lessons from Portugal, but unfortunately, they do not have the psyche to think they can learn from anyone and insist on making their own mistakes and they do it with great cheering and gusto!

Why is it we have such a hard time simply learning from other's mistakes?

Asher

Antonio Correia

I am very fascinated by the capabilities of the young man.

It is a bit off topics yes. I admit.

Perhaps one day we will be able to change some points of view on politics and other areas.
I am no communist mind you ! :)

fahim mohammed

Antonio, the work of your model and your capture of the model are impressive indeed.

All I can say is ' well done sir '.

Asher; Please do not get off-topic and detract us from the pleasures of beautiful images the op posts for us to share.