• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Appreciating the joy of creating music through photography!

fahim mohammed

Asher, first thank you for the 101 on some aspects of music, ballet, the orchestras, the involved participants.
I have a little better understanding of and the reason for your passion of this group of talented musicians.

Your excellent accompanying narratives have greatly added to my appreciation of the art form.

That you have understood the technical nuances of photographing in live auditoriams, the skills attained
in lighting the set-up is very commendable. make no mistake, it must be tough..I could never learn
and/or master these techniques.

What follows is one layman's comment on your passion for the music, its participants, and their inter relationships during and off the screen ( so to speak ).

You are to be commended for bringing to us the joys of your passion. But you sell yourself short.

You have the requisite tools at hand; the most important of which is your passion for this endeavor, your passion for those that perform, your enviable rapport and connect with the folk and the opportunities to let us see them, feel them, sing with them, play with them, dance with them, celebrate with them. The technical tools are there with you.

You, imho, have just opened a small window into a wonderful world. I can peep through it. I cannot see more of it. Why?

why can't I see your passion, your vision, the soul of the performance and the players. Sometimes I can see it shine like here:

p9723998-5.jpg

or here:

p432851092.jpg

I am moved by this:

p520028110.jpg

can feel this:

p23051141-3.jpg

or feel the ' joy of success ' in this

http://umdah.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p325366302-3.jpg

I want to see the passion during the performance. I want to see the ' sweat ', I want to hear the
music. I want to feel the composers pain, joy.Move in close, show the strings, show the veins on their faces/hands. Show the tension, the anxiety.

You know when it is there. You write about it. I want to see..not read !

You are unique, they are unique, show me their uniqueness. bare their soul to me. if anyone
can do it, you can. You understand them and their music, you feel their emotion, you share their
vision...

Share it with me, share it with us. I know you can..

Possvnt Qvia; Posse Videntvr

Good Luck and best regards.

All Images Copyright Asher Kelman.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher, first thank you for the 101 on some aspects of music, ballet, the orchestras, the involved participants.
I have a little better understanding of and the reason for your passion of this group of talented musicians.

This is one corner of a large world. I have just decided to devote 99% of my creative energy to helping show what goes on in one of the finest music colleges. I see the quite senior cellist, so famous that people would immediately crowd to catch a glimpse, humbly carry his own cello from this performance to the next trio, quartet, chamber ensemble or back to his studio, never using the elevator, being their in time for the next advanced student, fortunate enough to be learning with such a premier musician. The sheer personal sacrifice in time and energy far beyond normal working hours is the norm. An all this for the urgency to transfer to a new generation the lineage of mastery of musical instruments.

In all this environment, I am just one lucky fellow to be able to observe and document what I see and feel and the significance of this beautiful devotion to our society.

You, imho, have just opened a small window into a wonderful world. I can peep through it. I cannot see more of it. Why?

Then the pictures work. It's the same with your pictures of Tibet, it created a thirst for more that will not leave me or Cedric's pictures of his existential visions of Paris streets or Jim Galli's exquisite soft and dreamy soft portraits, Cem's work on the windows and portals, bridges and walls that separate us from other realities and so many, may more more. Each of us does well when we try to understand one world.

6302-3.jpg[/url]

I want to see the passion during the performance. I want to see the ' sweat ', I want to hear the
music. I want to feel the composers pain, joy.Move in close, show the strings, show the veins on their faces/hands. Show the tension, the anxiety.

You know when it is there. You write about it. I want to see..not read !

You are unique, they are unique, show me their uniqueness. bare their soul to me. if anyone
can do it, you can. You understand them and their music, you feel their emotion, you share their
vision...

Share it with me, share it with us. I know you can..

Possvnt Qvia; Posse Videntvr

We all can find one little window and put or small lantern in it. That light adds up to help others find their path here. That way we'll experience interesting things together.

I'll do my best, I promise. Thanks to everyone who gives freely of their skills and experience and heart to help others, each in his or her own path.

Asher