• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Aptus 75s: figuring out the ropes

JimCollum

pro member
No longer have any Canon gear.. have moved into the MF area, with an Aptus 75s, Mamiya 645AFDII, and a Horseman SW-D II. So far.. no regrets at all (the Horseman is a dream to use)

I've collected a small assortment of various lenses.. by far my favorite is the Zeiss 110 f2.0 Planar (Hasselblad).

A recent shot with it

20080323-aptus75_002904-2.jpg

Hope to post discoveries and difficulties as they arise!

thanks all

jim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Holy, moly!

Does Hilary know you took this?

Amazing image! Could you give us a report on how the autofocus is and the lenses you are using. Also whose RAW software?

Asher

JimCollum

pro member
Asher,

The autofocus works very well.. it's not up to the professional DSLR level.. but still pretty good. I've heard that the next generation of Mamiya should up the ante quite a bit. I'm not as concerned.. most of my work is manual focus, with most of it being done from a tripod

I have the Zeiss 110 Planar (one of the best lenses i've ever used), a Mamiya 55-110 zoom (ok wide open, excellent stopped down), Mamiya 150 3.5 (excellent), Mamiya 80 2.8 (excellent). I have the Zeiss Distagon 40mm 4.0 FLE, but i'm selling that. The Horseman SWD offers a better wide angle solution than the Mamiya will.. and allows for some serious stitching.

Lightroom processes the Leaf files with no problem.. however the software from Leaf gets much more out of the files. I use Lightroom for image management, but then use Leaf Capture to process them.

Bradley, I'm using the Mamiya 645AFDII, with the Mamiya converter. It requires stop down metering, and uses the Mamiya shuttter, since there's no electrical connection between the lens and body.

Horseman SWD & Digitar 35mm lens

aptus75_003062.jpg

Hello Jim,

and WHAT a move you made! Sorry for the late reply here, I have literally no time at the moemnt to spend on the fora. Wow, I am impressed, those files should provide you with top notch material for prints.

Congrats on the new "family member" ;)

Btw. I like that shopt of the Lady with that beautiful face!

That door is something special!