• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

John Miller

Here's a b/w 8x10" (full frame) image I did of a stagecoach in Trail Dust Town using a old Burke and James field camera and a Fuji 300 f5.6 lens on Ilford HP5 film. FYI: I was pulling or pushing a large container on a cart around carrying my extra holders, focusing cloth. and other pieces of various gear needed.

John

BW+MillerJ_Coach_Borders_25mb+copy.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Really appreciate original work like this!

Do you still have a darkroom setup or it’s all put away or sold off?

Asher

John Miller, good focus, good exposure, brilliant subject. Yes there are some development artifacts on the edges of the picture but I don't find them obtrusive. Are you by any chance left handed?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
John,

Maris Rusis is one of the few living photographers in analog media who actually gets his fingers wet and know paper and film as part of his craft!

Asher

John Miller

I've processed 8x10" sheet film in the past, in trays and in tanks with metal hangers but I don't have a darkroom anymore plus I've always liked having
my sheet film processed by a good lab also keeping fresh chemicals on hand would be a hassle. Nothing again people who do their own processing.

Kriti Shah

A mesmerizing monochrome masterpiece! Your dedication to the craft truly shines through in this captivating stagecoach image. The blend of vintage equipment and modern vision is awe-inspiring.