• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

back to wandering around

Steven Sinski

Hiroshima
_DS97414_DxO-X3.jpg

Nagasaki
_DS90476_DxO copy-X3.jpg

Toyama
_DS94720_DxO copy B-X3.jpg

Fujisawa
_DS95503_DxO copy-X3.jpg
_DS95464_DxO copy-X3.jpg
_DS95787_DxO copy-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have never seen this building before but it’s so huge with a skeleton of thr dome roof that I realized this must be a remnant of thr Nagasaki nuclear bomb destruction that took 140,000 lives!

8B83F34A-FBB1-4306-BDBD-75D795F4553A.jpeg

Very sobering!

Steven Sinski

that is the Atomic Dome in Hiroshima. essentially the hypocenter for the bombing there. just about every time i go to JP i end up in Hiroshima, even if it's for a short time. for me a difficult to shoot site. this time i think i almost got it.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroshima_Peace_Memorial#:~:text=The Hiroshima Peace Memorial (広島平和記念碑, Hiroshima Heiwa Kinenhi),,a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996.

as to Nagasaki, that was my first time. a most interesting place. each appendage position has a meaning. i will return.
  • The right hand represents fear of a nuclear weapon.
  • The left hand is expressing hope.
  • The right leg indicates the silent town of Nagasaki right after dropping the atomic bomb.
  • The left leg describes a saved life.

ref: https://magnific-japan.com/trip/the-peace-statue-in-nagasaki-japanese-sculpture-world/#autoid_2

Last edited:

Steven Sinski

back when i went to school they did put in a little more effort teaching things like history. you know things that gave seed to actually thinking about things on ones own or to actually research. oh, wait that's "critical thought". dangerous stuff there. :unsure: o_O:LOL: