• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

backyard buddies/inquisitive neighbors

Steven Sinski

brand new models. they were as interested in me as i was in them. they were about 15-20 feet away
_DSC9327_DxO copy-X3.jpg

_DSC9258_DxO copy-X3.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I don’t know why we should be more co
Passionate to “Bambi” than to squirrels or Beatles, but we are!

These are such beautiful animals and so peaceful!

Glad we limit hunting!

Asher

Steven Sinski

it's a 2 bladed sword. they definitely are not in danger of going extinct here. in fact, they tend to overpopulate and then the food source becomes an issue for their survival. in addition, things do not tend to go well near moving vehicles too.

Steven Sinski

i'd like them in my backyard if they only cleaned up after themselves and didn't carry ticks. i guess thats a bit much to ask for but the eliminate waste at a fairly robust rate at times makes the yard a bit less usable. throwing the frisbee around has its issues.:rolleyes::LOL:

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
i'd like them in my backyard if they only cleaned up after themselves and didn't carry tics. i guess thats a bit much to ask for but the eliminate waste at a fairly robust rate at times makes the yard a bit less usable. throwing the frisbee around has its issues.:rolleyes::LOL:
I never thought of them of carrying ticks!

I thought the ticks waited on leaves nearby to ambush and temporarily feed on anything giving off CO2!

But I guess there are those that attach themselves too!

But to get to humans do they actually jump from the deer?

Asher

Steven Sinski

they even have their own types called amazingly deer ticks

ticks are equal opportunity feeders/infectors. deer ticks = Lyme disease. not fun stuff.

Steven Sinski

from the moment they are born they have joined the so-called natural order of things. (aka: the pecking order of life and death)