• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Banana Split

Chris Calohan

I raced home from my show opening at the Light Room and saw this sky forming pretty close to dark thirty. There is little to no PP on this image other than straightening the horizon line as I had no time to set up a tripod or make any significant exposure calculations, instead using a concrete block and the self timer. This is one of those times where experience rears its pretty little head and gives you a sweet kiss on the cheek.

For those of you who have been following my post Hurricane Michael plight, I am moving inside my house on the 10th, exactly 10 months after the storm. The outside of the house is still a work in progress. It is estimated that 90% of all the residents here are still a year to two years before being move in ready.

Chris Calohan: “Banana Split”
f/16, ISO 200, 1.3 sec Nikon D850

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Chris,

My good friend, folk might forget that the man who is passionate at what nature paints in the sky, still has had to suffer for its terrible shaking of the ground which shattered and destroyed his home in Hurricane Michael:

Before

After

“For those of you who have been following my post Hurricane Michael plight, I am moving inside my house on the 10th, exactly 10 months after the storm. The outside of the house is still a work in progress. It is estimated that 90% of all the residents here are still a year to two years before being move in ready.”

Such is the artist who treasures the bounties of nature, such a cruel heartless lover!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Chris,

Kudos!

Below, is one of the finest introductions to an amazing shot, where gut feeling and experience means everything:

“I had no time to set up a tripod or make any significant exposure calculations, instead using a concrete block and the self timer. This is one of those times where experience rears its pretty little head and gives you a sweet kiss on the cheek”

I will now always remember how everything you learned fell in place because to looked up at the sky and raced home and found a brick to rest on and the self timer to get a long enough exposure and f16 to go from here to eternity!

Asher

Asher Kelman

How soon will your neighborhood return to “normal”? Are the folk more talkative and friendly? After a disaster barriers tend to fall away but with return of normality we forget to greet each other!

Asher