• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

battery geek ?

Hi,
I wonder if any of the photographers here have experience with www.batterygeek.net ?
I ordered something not so cheap in January which would take 15-20 days to come in, but till today no product.

I tried mailing them more than a dozen times and called them (call center) for a few times but I get no response what so ever.

Paypal can't do anything because the original date of sale is more than 45 days ago. Very clever from batterygeek because normal shipping time would be 15-17 days making it over the 45 days.
I read alot of positive remarks about the company but I find it strange that we get no response what so ever. We even tried several mails from hotmail accounts to make sure our mails did not get stuck in a spam filter.

Anyone similair experiences ?
Or maybe can help with a solution ?

Greetings,
Frank Doorhof
www.frankdoorhof.com

Hi,
I wonder if any of the photographers here have experience with www.batterygeek.net ?

Not many do this, but one should start an e-commerce transaction with a whois lookup for their implied customer support policy. In this case we can see:

http://whois.domaintools.com/batterygeek.net

Which says they are hiding their identity behind a private registration (in this case, Domains by Proxy).

This tells you that their telephone support policy is to tell you to go do unprofessional things to yourself. Private registrations in e-commerce tend to indicate that the best you can hope for is that the business thinks dealing with customers is an annoyance to be avoided at best. But such behavior is also the mark of a criminal behavior (hiding one's identity).

caveat emptor,

Sean