• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bees.

Jerome Marot

Just a few pictures of bees I took yesterday. Spring is coming!

E4CB8BCA-A723-4AF4-9E5F-0333B6A43C39.jpeg

69EA82F2-D3FB-4D26-B8F1-A5F64F5FB8F6.jpeg

D69E3982-F699-4357-812B-7FA7FEA0FEF3.jpeg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Beautiful, Jérôme!

This is wonderful! I gather, all your own devotion!

You must be a proud father!

How does one mitigate against diseases and colony collapse?

Asher

Jim Olson

Very nice. I worked pest/weed control a few years back and I would see the bees around where I was spraying weeds and people would say "Don't get stung" and I would tell them "I'm not worried, they are to busy collecting pollen to get me" :ROFLMAO:

Jim

Asher Kelman

Very nice. I worked pest/weed control a few years back and I would see the bees around where I was spraying weeds and people would say "Don't get stung" and I would tell them "I'm not worried, they are to busy collecting pollen to get me" :ROFLMAO:

Jim
Jim,

Think twice about spraying when the bees are about as you don’t want to destroy them!

Asher

Jerome Marot

That is not the only risk. When plants are sprayed when insects are foraging, the insects will bring the spray back home if it is not toxic for them. The spray will then accumulate. This is why we sometimes have high concentrations of fungicides or antibiotics in honey, rendering it unfit for human consumption.

Antonio Correia

Allow me Jerome, to share this modest clip I made while outside the garage.
It is recent. Today we have a general orange light all over town due to the sends coming from north Africa through Spain.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

It is recent. Today we have a general orange light all over town due the sends coming from north Africa through Spain.
If everyone would dedicate a portion of their garden to flowering plants, we could help the bees thrive!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Very nice. That insect is a bumblebee, probably the white-tail bumblebee (Bombus locorum). At this time of the year, this may be a bee who is starting a new nest. That species builds its nest underground.

It is recent. Today we have a general orange light all over town due to the sends coming from north Africa through Spain.

Same story in Munich yesterday. My car is orange now.

Antonio Correia

All is connected. I don't want to remember nuclear disasters, nuclear war head accidents, Ukraine... you name it !
I am a pessimist ! :oops:

Asher Kelman

All is connected. I don't want to remember nuclear disasters, nuclear war head accidents, Ukraine... you name it !
I am a pessimist ! :oops:
Don’t be pessimistic. The Russians will deal with Lutin. The most it will take will be 2 years. In every military field disaster of the Russian Army, from thr time of thr Czar, the rulers were overthrown after the army’s defeat or humiliation.

Slavs are proud of their brotherhood. When they discover they were duped into murdering their brothers and destroying “sacred cities of the “Slav Tradition”, Putin will be removed!

Antonio, let me reassure you, essentially we will see from the Hungarian, Polish, Philippines, Turkey and China, a reversal of popular fortunes of autocratic governance and by contrast, Western Liberal Democracies will pull together and face tge reality that they can’t bicker over luxury lifestyles and nationalism as the authoritarian monsters are at our gates.

We can than Putin for turning Russia into a failed state with a gas station and no line of customers, but an endless supply of nuclear weapons that no one can use!

Asher