• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Before the wedding

fahim mohammed

recently I attended a wedding of my niece in the UK. The ceremonies were very traditional and as such
I am unable to post pictures from the wedding. However, my niece and family were in prepartion much
before the event and I got this shot of a family member finalising some flower arrangements to show
to the florists. BTW, I was the designated cabby!

p273695968.jpg

Regards.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug, thanks for looking. The really nice henna artwork, I am unable to post.

Take care.
So, Fahim,

Who does this work? Are there particular artists that people seek out or is this just an art form that is handed down through families? Do these wear off in one or two days or are these more permanent. In religious circles is this practice limited, regulated or even noticed?

The particular hand motif is wonderfully graceful, like a gesture of the hand in a Persian or Indian dance.

Asher

fahim mohammed

generally some females have mastered this work and one seeks them out. These generally wear off
in a few days, depending, I am told, on the amount of scrubbing/washing of the hands. There is nothing religious about this except that females observe the codes prescribed by Islam relating to appearing before strangers ( different code of dress applies in presence of females and males ).

In this particular instance, the work was done by a syrian lady.

So, Fahim,

Who does this work? Are there particular artists that people seek out or is this just an art form that is handed down through families? Do these wear off in one or two days or are these more permanent. In religious circles is this practice limited, regulated or even noticed?

The particular hand motif is wonderfully graceful, like a gesture of the hand in a Persian or Indian dance.

Asher