• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Beginner FAQ

Matthew_Kress

As a beginner to digital photography myself, I thought I'd post one of the links that I found to be most helpful. Not sure if you want links here or just discussion, but maybe this will help answer some basic questions for someone like its done for me. It is geared toward EOS users, but many of the FAQs are camera agnostic.

http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/

Regards,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Matt,

This is an extensive set of FAQ, however, beyond being useful as a glossary of common terms, I don't think there's enough depth. More, this could be great for the guys at the counter's of a megastore that sell cameras they know nothing about!

There's too much on film. Still it is extensive and some terms are very well explained and obviously this represents a lot of work.

So I have a mixed impression.

Asher