• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Big As your Hand

Peter Dexter

Tom's Funnal Spider post inspired me to add this: it is a beautiful male Pamphobeteus tarantula I found walking about on my property. The female is all brown. The males only come out in the daytime when they are searching for a mate and in 17 years I've only seen two. Daylight travel is very dangerous for them as they can be spotted by a Tarantula Hawk Wasp and be turned into a living refrigerator for wasp young. They aren't at all aggressive and won't bite you or fling their hairs at your eyes unless you try to pick them up. While painful their venom isn't life threatening.

20655322906_4d9a602eba_b.jpg

20058733684_07d290c951_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nature is so damn cruel. In the order of saints, spirits, angeles and deities, who if ant care a whit about natures incessant cruelty?

Why should the Tarantula Hawk Wasp be free to turn this handsome spider to its walking incubator?

I can understand man being a prick! We are just apes with more arrogance and machines than smarts.

But why do the angels just go around with lutes and flutes, singing psalms while creatures are burnt alive in the forests below them?

I am starting to rethink this whole angel organization needs to go back to the Nuns at the nursery school, as somehow they don’t seem to notice what’s going on!

Asher