• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photographer of Interest - Selected by Editor: Bill Sebold Approach to Low Key Photography

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Bill Sebold: Low Key Lighting

Bill Sebold has written an interesting short blog about his economical and very portable system for achieving low key pictures with just a $50 Chinese Speedlight!

He also happens to collaborate with models who surprise me each time with fabulous tattoos in glorious displays of artistry!

....and I have never admired permanent tattoos, ever!

“Low-key photography takes on the look of an underexposed photo or night photography. It is a style that plays with lighting and shadows. But, in low-key photography, it is intentionally underexposed for dramatic effect. You see this lighting style in portrait photography, street photography, landscape photography, and so on. It is an abstract style because the shadows wrap around the subject in an unusual way.”

Read the entire article here! Less than 10 mins and worth every second.

Asher

Lamar Baker

The image is very nice, can I upload it to my photo library? I quite like photography, I will use PicsArt to edit my collection to be more perfect. Then I will show you my collection.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Lamar,

We are looking forward to you sharing you own pictures!

So please, jump right in and show some favorites!

Asher

Asher Kelman

All images in OPF are copyright of individual contributing photographers and cannot be copied without their signed written consent.

Moreover, OPF will assist in pursuing those who purloin pictures from our community.

Asher