• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Critique Requested Birch Bark on Leaves

Kevin Gagel

Working with 10 exposures I zoomed and turned the camera with each shot. Post processing was done in On1 PhotoRaw 2019.

46812829375_8653ed816a_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
First it’s fabulous, Kevin!

I sense the earthy colors and would myself have guessed you had rocks to start with but there’s leaves and bark!

Are you also using a slow shutter speed and then what method are you using to join them together?

This has great potential as one can explore and vary so many aspects of your methodology. Bravo for blowing my mind!

So what’s the history and provenance of this game?

Asher

Kevin Gagel

Asher,

Done in camera using multiple exposure while zooming (in or out) between each exposure. This is ten shots combined by the camera. Slight colour enhancement in On1 PhotoRaw to bring out the colours more and cropping to a 3:4 ratio.

Thank you.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
What digital cameras do that! I used to do that in film!

I would love to see more such creativity. I hope you will experiment further. It allows onecto photograph a person and another scene to give the impression of what that person might be thinking of or associated with.

Asher

Kevin Gagel

What digital cameras do that! I used to do that in film!

I would love to see more such creativity. I hope you will experiment further. It allows onecto photograph a person and another scene to give the impression of what that person might be thinking of or associated with.

Asher
Nikon D850 allows up to ten exposures for a single image. I will have to do the double exposure you mention as well. I tried it with my D90 but didn't master it. This camera is giving me much better results when I experiment so I'm going to have to revisit that one.