• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Birds in Flight

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Magnificent!

Have you any with the wings so brightly black-lit that you can see the their wings’ feather structure and bones? That would be fascinating for a mighty eagle!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Now this bird should be a Pelican but I haven’t seen pelicans without a neck full of fish!

2BAB12C8-F27B-42D5-BDCD-EA225075619F.jpeg

Asher Kelman: “Hungry Pelican”

Asher

Jim Olson

This was also taken with my Canon 10D but in March 2019 in Chico, CA in Bidwell Park and I think it is a California Condor
IMG_7455 E1 C3 S16 crop.JPG

And one more of the same bird straight from the camera. No editing.

IMG_7458.JPG

Jim Olson

A couple of shots of a Great Blue Heron from one of mine & my wife's favorite beaches just 10 min drive from our house off 3 Crabs Rd.
IMG_2829 E9 C9 S16 STR -0.6 crop.jpg

IMG_2830 E9 C9 S16 STR -0.5.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Olson

This shot was taken just a few miles to the west of 3 Crabs Rd at Cline Spit County Park & the Seagulls were wind surfing over the cars in the parking lot. Just sailing in mid-air.

IMG_2679 E12 C4 S16 crop.jpg

Asher Kelman

Jim,

Getting the birds over the water is much more interesting. Superb improvement in such a brief amount of time.

How many stops over exposure are you trying for?

Can you send the RAW again to me. I want to see if you have over-exposed enough to get the detail in the very dark feathers this time!

Asher

Jim Olson

Jim,

Getting the birds over the water is much more interesting. Superb improvement in such a brief amount of time.

How many stops over exposure are you trying for?

Can you send the RAW again to me. I want to see if you have over-exposed enough to get the detail in the very dark feathers this time!

Asher
I can send you the RAW files.

Last edited: