• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Bleeding Hearts" & "Jack by the Hedge"

janet Smith

pro member
Some recent shots from shadey areas of the garden...

IMG_0033SSA001.jpg

"Bleeding Hearts" Dicentra Spectabilis - All 5D 100mm macro lens. These are small flowers approx 2cm long and quiver ceaselessly in my windy garden....

IMG_0035SS001.jpg

I'm not sure if this one works, I think there is too much of the foliage blurred in the background, another one of those shots where my partner and I differ in our opinion of it, what do you think?

IMG_0099SS.jpg

"Jack by the hedge" - Garlic Mustard (Alliaria petiolata), Campion & forget-me-nots in a sunny clearing in a wooded area.

Mike Shimwell

Some recent shots from shadey areas of the garden...

IMG_0033SSA001.jpg

"Bleeding Hearts" Dicentra Spectabilis - All 5D 100mm macro lens. These are small flowers approx 2cm long and quiver ceaselessly in my windy garden....

IMG_0035SS001.jpg

I'm not sure if this one works, I think there is too much of the foliage blurred in the background, another one of those shots where my partner and I differ in our opinion of it, what do you think?

IMG_0099SS.jpg

"Jack by the hedge" - Garlic Mustard (Alliaria petiolata), Campion & forget-me-nots in a sunny clearing in a wooded area.

Hi Janet

Lovely. Of the three I prefer the second. The blend of pink over the light yellow green foliae works for me. On the first I find the softness of the first flower distracting, but otherwise enjoy the progression into darkness.

The last picture doesn't quite make it for me - too much green I think, which is often one of my problems. It just needs something extra, but I'm not sure what.

Your garden must be lovely:)

Mike

janet Smith

pro member
Of the three I prefer the second......The last picture doesn't quite make it for me - too much green I think, which is often one of my problems. It just needs something extra, but I'm not sure what......Your garden must be lovely:)

Hi Mike

Thank you for your comments, my partner Paul prefers the second one too, I have puzzled about the last one, it's a difficult spot to photograph, but the more I looked at this one the more it grew on me, probably because I like walking here....

Anyway regarding my garden...it's actually an untidy but well stocked shambles! There's never enough time to keep up with it, I have pots of plants all over the place, and a list a mile long of more to buy, I'm wanting to do some work with texture and movement in the Autumn/winter so will be buying plants with that in mind i.e. Eryngiums and Echinops and more grasses....

StuartRae

Hi Jan,

The first two are beautiful, as are all your flower photos. The last one is different, just a 'nice' image that makes me want to walk there as well.

Regards,

Stuart

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Stuart

Thank you for your lovely comments, as you no doubt know I have a bit of an obsession with tiny wild flowers, hence I love this area with the campion and forget-me-nots (and weeds)!! Thank you for all your encouragement, it means a lot....