• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Brisbane 2019

Tom dinning

Registrant*

Tom dinning

Registrant*
It’s a city just south of the Tropic of Capricorn on the east coast of Australia, noted for being the capital of Queensland, the home of banana benders and white shoes for men.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Re banana benders, are they standing all day or can they sit?

How many bananas can a bender manage a day? Sounds boring to me!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Not for you or me then Asher!
Fahim,

Did you mean ......?

1. @Asher: Not for you or me then, Asher!

Or

2. @Tom: Not for you or me, but perhaps for Asher!

I need the every-changing radii of nubile curvaceous collaborators for my art!

Retirement communities aren’t set up for esthetic choices!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Brisbane does have its lighter and more cultural side.
Southside as it is called, is across the river from the CBD.
It contains the University, the museum and two art galleries along with a cultural centre, restaurants, walks, gardens and entertainment centres and theatres.
It’s all very modern.

James Lemon

Brisbane does have its lighter and more cultural side.
Southside as it is called, is across the river from the CBD.
It contains the University, the museum and two art galleries along with a cultural centre, restaurants, walks, gardens and entertainment centres and theatres.
It’s all very modern.

View attachment 867

Yes hanging out at Starbucks drinking Lattes and staring at computers is normal social behavior found in many human societies around the globe.

Asher Kelman

Starbucks?

Don’t knock ‘em, James!

As in the animal world, folk depend watering holes to feed, for respite.......and hunt!

4 men to 10 women: good odds!

....or else gender fluidity at work!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Starbucks?

Don’t knock ‘em, James!

As in the animal world, folk depend watering holes to feed, for respite.......and hunt!

4 men to 10 women: good odds!

....or else gender fluidity at work!

Asher

Good odds, hunt? That post is a little bit sexist, I would say.

Would you imagine that I discovered Starbucks only about 15 years ago? We did not know that gigantic paper mugs were called "venti" at the time. Actually, we did not have gigantic paper mugs. We had cups like this one:

Asher Kelman

Good odds, hunt? That post is a little bit sexist, I would say.

Admittedly! But my respect and adoration for my friends who are gay, kind of balances my mysogenistic impulses!

Would you imagine that I discovered Starbucks only about 15 years ago? We did not know that gigantic paper mugs were called "venti" at the time. Actually, we did not have gigantic paper mugs. We had cups like this one:

@ Jérôme,

Your picture is an inspiration for me!

Jerome Marot: Coffee Cup
Cropped by Asher, with permission

This sampling of your picture is so architectural, simple and clean!

Wish I was that succinct in my words

Asher

James Lemon

Admittedly! But my respect and adoration for my friends who are gay, kind of balances my mysogenistic impulses!

@ Jérôme,

Your picture is an inspiration for me!

View attachment 882

Jerome Marot: Coffee Cup
Cropped by Asher, with permission

This sampling of your picture is so architectural, simple and clean!

Wish I was that succinct in my words

Asher

I had a real nice Latte this morning served in beautiful cup and saucer similar to this. Simple to clean, sterilize and reuse for the next patron. Unlike a Starbucks that produces mega huge amounts of garbage that local communities are left to dispose of.

Jerome Marot

That particular cup is made of glass, by "Verreries d'Arques", today Arc International. That series is called "Restaurant". The glass is white and opaque. It was the most used cup in French cafés for years, due to its durability (2000 washing cycles were claimed) and resistance to shocks (it is virtually unbreakable). Because glass has a low thermal conductivity, coffee stays warm longer than in Chinaware. This is the small model, for espresso (8cl). 2€ for the cup + 1,75€ for the saucer + VAT.

Asher Kelman

Amazing technical information about the durability and resistance to scratches and collisions.

I wonder what technical glass equivalents are available for sculptures?

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Starbucks!
Ech!
Suburban franchises rubbish.

Arc also made this little gem. They bounce when dropped on tiles. I’ve had these so long the glass is etched from the usage. I have about 10 of them. Perhaps I can sell them to Starbucks.

For me, there’s only one way to drink coffee.

Espresso doppio.
Made at home.
Consumed in the silence of my own company.