• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Warning: and are NSFW. Threads may start of as text only but then pictures could be added as part of a discussion or to make some point. This is not for family viewing without a parent's consent and supervision. If you are under age 18, please do not use this section
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Brothels of Munich.

Jerome Marot

For reasons too long to explain, I realised lately a whole series of photographs on local brothels, seen from the outside.

Some explanations about the local laws may be necessary for a better understanding. Brothels are legal in Germany, but they are restricted to designated areas. In most large German cities, these areas are rooted in history and not necessarily extremely far away from the city centre. Not so in Munich: before the Olympic games of 1972, the city tried to clean its reputation and closed the historical places. Consequently brothels are confined to peripheral zones outside the city centre. In the same zones, one will find small and medium size industry and, at least to my eyes, the mixing was strange. One will for example see body car repairs or construction firms in the same street, sometimes even in the same building.

I took the pictures in the morning. The places are lighted to be more enticing at night, but I wanted to show the places in a more abstract, documentary manner. Curiously, there are many pictures of brothels from the inside on the Internet, but very few pictures of the actual houses. Of course, they are simply houses and that is not considered interesting.

I'll post a few selected pictures from the series, not the whole series.

Jerome Marot

16795216967_bbe4d8a34b_b.jpg

16380204874_8fa9d9e800_b.jpg

Wow, Jerome.. insane how bland they actually look. I certainly would never have guessed that anything hot and fiery was happening inside. Ha!

Cool project!
Maggie

Jerome Marot

Wow, Jerome.. insane how bland they actually look. I certainly would never have guessed that anything hot and fiery was happening inside. Ha!

Well, there are a few houses with more visible signs but I chose the ones who looked especially bland to be posted here. Indeed I found that contrast puzzling.

Still: the attentive watcher will notice that each house has some kind of signal, usually in the form of a red light.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I thought that brothels were illegal in California, where you live. If they are illegal, they probably do not have flashy neon signs, yet I am pretty sure that they still find customers.

Los Vegas is a short skip and a jump from Los Angeles and people by plane or 6-7 hrs, I think, by car.

Asher

Jerome Marot

Las Vegas is a short skip and a jump from Los Angeles and people by plane or 6-7 hrs, I think, by car.

Prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas. In Nevada, prostitution is only allowed outside of large cities. Actually, I did a quick search and found a wikipedia article about prostitution in Nevada which has some pictures. It would seem that the legal brothels of Nevada are about as bland as the ones in Munich. Probably this kind of business requires less flashy neons that one would believe.

Antonio Correia

Thank you for posting an interesting perspective about this business.
It is curious how the buildings look like the others where a far different activity is made, apart some kind of small signal.
You have shown one which I think, is an auto repairer at the same time.
In Portugal prostitution is not legal - perhaps it should be - but this activity has been increasing with the evident crisis the country is divided in.

Jerome Marot

It is curious how the buildings look like the others where a far different activity is made, apart some kind of small signal.

Indeed it is. This is one of the things I found surprising: that such different activities can take place in the same building.

In Portugal prostitution is not legal - perhaps it should be - but this activity has been increasing with the evident crisis the country is divided in.

Maybe you have a project to do, then... ;)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

A "body shop", in fact. How apt.

Best regards,

Doug

Michael Nagel

Hi Jerôme,

That's an interesting project - seeing the unseen (or not officially seen :) ).

I just have to drop in this reference:
Skandal Im Sperrbezirk by Spider Murphy Gang, a song from 1982 which was quite popular at the time and deals with with the restricted areas (Sperrbezirk, actually the area where brothels are not allowed).

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

Prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas. In Nevada, prostitution is only allowed outside of large cities. Actually, I did a quick search and found a wikipedia article about prostitution in Nevada which has some pictures. It would seem that the legal brothels of Nevada are about as bland as the ones in Munich. Probably this kind of business requires less flashy neons that one would believe.

I think you might be search with the wrong keywords, LOL! Hotels needs such "workers" in their lounges to attract business! Look here. In Vegas, it doesn't matter that is illegal, as long as the girl wears the right clothes and is smart so as to avoid Law Enforcement entrapment.

When a girl above your romancing station or "batting average", in a fine dress, approaches you at the bar, without you having given her attention first, for sure she's their to earn money for her time! ?

Vegas is for such "full service" entertainment - gambling, shows and women. I do not gamble and am fastidious about germs, LOL! There are already enough shows in LA so there's never been any reason for me to set foot in the place! ?

Still, the brothels in Munich might be a safer bet for men lacking other outlets as there's a good chance that the business is under health supervision.

Asher

Jerome Marot

I think you might be search with the wrong keywords, LOL! Hotels needs such "workers" in their lounges to attract business! Look here. In Vegas, it doesn't matter that is illegal, as long as the girl wears the right clothes and is smart so as to avoid Law Enforcement entrapment.

When a girl above your romancing station or "batting average", in a fine dress, approaches you at the bar, without you having given her attention first, for sure she's their to earn money for her time! ?

Asher, I am perfectly aware that prostitution exists in Las Vegas. The discussion started when you said neon signs were required and I answered that when prostitution is illegal neons signs are out of the question.

Asher Kelman

Asher, I am perfectly aware that prostitution exists in Las Vegas. The discussion started when you said neon signs were required and I answered that when prostitution is illegal neons signs are out of the question.

Now I understand! Went off track again!

They have the Neon signs but just to advertise the fun inside! The availibility of girls is just understood!

Asher

Asher Kelman

The statues in the first and simple sign in the second suffice to tell the gentlemen that they are indeed at the right address!

If caught there he can always say he was looking for the auto body shop!

In a Chicken Ranch in Nevada, if caught one would have no excuse at all!

Asher