• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Buttonbush Morning Fog

Chris Calohan

Post Sol's Soul, I arrived at the State Park and while I didn't have a specific shot in mind, I knew several areas I wanted to explore and did so though three or four light changes as the fog rolled in and out. This is a quintessential, bucolic Florida scene. Perhaps not as one envisions the Sunshine State, but one those of us who live in the northwestern panhandle know all too well. It's like comparing the Redwoods to the Salton Sea in California; we are as different from this as we are from the Everglades.

16714312025_f72e10e395_b_d.jpg

Buttonbush Morning Fog: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Post Sol's Soul, I arrived at the State Park and while I didn't have a specific shot in mind, I knew several areas I wanted to explore and did so though three or four light changes as the fog rolled in and out. This is a quintessential, bucolic Florida scene. Perhaps not as one envisions the Sunshine State, but one those of us who live in the northwestern panhandle know all too well. It's like comparing the Redwoods to the Salton Sea in California; we are as different from this as we are from the Everglades.

16714312025_f72e10e395_b_d.jpg

Buttonbush Morning Fog: Chris Calohan​

Chris,

In advertising Vegas, the pictures show some flirting, and then the words, "Just the right amount of wrong". In this seemingly monochrome picture, already so close to perfect, you've included traces of floating green in the water - just the right amount of color to make a great experience into an exceptional one and point us to the so subtle sienna colors in the trees.

Not to mention the casually crossing deer......it's all so fabulous and a treasure.

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Don Ferguson Jr.

Nice one and the elements all came together for you that morning. The deer walking into the frame really makes the photo better.
Don

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

B9F7D7FE-9668-4FDE-90CF-CE0C998F404D.jpeg

“Buttonbush Morning Fog“: Chris Calohan

I think this is one of the most memorable pictures posted in OPF!

I would like to bring it to the attention of those who might have missed it!

Ashet