• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Chiaroscuro

Doug Kerr

Carla's acrylic paintings so far have been mostly daylight scenes, but she decided she should begin to learn about light and shadow. This was the first result.

M01483-04-s800.jpg

Douglas A. Kerr: Carla C. Crittenden, acrylic on canvas: Midnight Rendezvous
Best regards,

Doug

Last edited:

Tom dinning

Registrant*
For fuck sake, Doug.
Is there anything that woman can’t do?
I’ve been to places like this. Carla has captured the mood so well I feel as if I am there once again.
Give her a hug from me

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Carla's acrylic paintings so far have been mostly daylight scenes, but she decided she should begin to learn about light and shadow. This was the first result.

View attachment 4942

Douglas A. Kerr: Carla C. Crittenden, acrylic on canvas: Midnight Rendezvous
Best regards,

Doug
Reminds me of my visits to Italy!

Fabulous mood!

Asher

Peter Dexter

A friend of mine in college but not an art student himself would ask me for words like chiaroscuro and their meanings. He then used the explanations as pick up lines with girls.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,
For fuck sake, Doug.
Is there anything that woman can’t do?
Not that I know of.

She has only been painting for less than two years, I think.

You commented recently that, it think it was your granddaughter, who has an extraordinary insight about the ways of animals, that this likely came from her indigenous heritage.

Carla is (as officially reckoned) 1/16 indigenous (Cherokee), but she has always attributed the way she has survived very difficult parts of her life to her Cherokee heritage. In fact, her memoir is entitled "The Cherokee Advantage"

I’ve been to places like this. Carla has captured the mood so well I feel as if I am there once again.
Give her a hug from me

I will do just that. Thanks so much for your good wishes.

Stay safe.

Doug