• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Chimera Super SB?

Olaf_Laubli

Could get some old but unused Chimera softboxes for a great price. They are called 'super'. Does anyone know if they are predecessors of the current 'super pro plus' line or just a cheap spin off?

Thanks a lot
Olaf

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Hello Olaf,

The "Plus" designation of the Chimera soft-box means the front face of the soft-box is removable and recessed to control spill of light. On the older Chimera soft-boxes the front face of the soft-box is recessed but not removable.

If you have access to more than you need of these used NON "Plus" Chimera soft-boxes I am in need of several and would appreciate your letting me know if I can buy some of them.

Thanks, Will T.

Olaf_Laubli said:
Could get some old but unused Chimera softboxes for a great price. They are called 'super'. Does anyone know if they are predecessors of the current 'super pro plus' line or just a cheap spin off?

Thanks a lot
Olaf

Olaf_Laubli

Will Thompson said:
On the older Chimera soft-boxes the front face of the soft-box is recessed but not removable.

Thanks Will, the 'super' SB is just like that. Sorry have no spares to offer as this deal was only about two boxes.

Olaf

Will Thompson

Well Known Member
Olaf_Laubli said:
Thanks Will, the 'super' SB is just like that. Sorry have no spares to offer as this deal was only about two boxes.

Olaf
Well, as My father once said it never hurts to ask and it is good you got a good deal.

I have always felt that an old beat up Chimera beats all others when new.

If You ever decide you need the removable face I would even consider a swap for a new Chimera as I need the fixed for fast setup and brake down. (and the do not make that type with the lip any more)