• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Colburn School Hosts Lady Gaga & Bolshoi Troupe Celebrating MOCA NEW Gala 2009

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It was an ambitious fundraising gala to herald the rebirth of LA Grand Avenue landmark Museum of contemporary Art, MOCA as "MOCA New". The big stars were Lady Gaga and a ballet dancers from the Bolshoi Ballet company in Moscow. The Colburn School jumped to the chance of lending its resources for the star studied cast: changing rooms, stage and make up areas. Also the giant kitchen tent for 1000 dinners was built on Colburn's plaza between the two Grand Avenue neighbors. Lady Gaga was very friendly and really appreciated the hospitality. We were all so excited to actually see this event "happen".

2009_11_15_MOCA NEW GALA.jpg

Asher Kelman: Bolshoi Dancer iin costumes designed for a 5 minute musical play that will never be performed again.

IMG_5836ACR.jpg

Asher Kelman: Lady Gaga sings event artist Francesco Vezzoli sows his tamborine.
The Steinway grand piano, painted by Damien Hirst in glorious pink, was leter auctioned off for $450,00!

The extravagantly gowned Lady Gaga sang her new song, "Speechless" in her brilliantly earthy and lyrical way. All the time her signature middle of the mouth lipstick accents were hiding behind the bulbous classic microphone, occasionally allowing a sneek peek but too fast to photograph with my G10, chosen for low profile. As she gave her performance the dancers slowly performed a sensuous dance that merged the movements of palm fronds moved by a breeze and classical ballet positions and then poses that seemed to come from an Italian Vogue magazine of decades ago. Back to the pink Steinway. It was bathed in swirling clouds of mist. Through this, a platform rotated the piano with Lady Gaga and the artist on the other side, so everyone could appreciate the spectacle. It was sensuous, over the top and with the rich and famous on either side, a sight I'll never forget.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The ballad speechless is now partly on line as a video clip. I'm in the bottom left corner in my Tx with my G10 before the lady in red. Just a tiny glimpse, but I have my .2 seconds of fame.

Here's the U-tube clip, the more classical part, LOL

Some of the words:

I can’t believe how you looked at me
With your Johnnie Walker eyes
He’s gonna get you and after he’s through
There’s gonna be no love left to rye

And I know that it’s complicated
But I’m a loser in love
So baby raise a glass to mend
All the broken hearts
Of all my wrecked up friends

I’ll never talk again
Oh boy you’ve left me speechless
You’ve left me speechless so speechless​

She seems to me a combination of Madonna, Elton John and Leonard Cohen. My son thinks she's a musical genius. Might be so! Apparently she went to Juiliard!

Asher

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

It was a star-studded gala to herald the rebirth of LA Grand Avenue landmark Museum of contemporary Art, MOCA as MOCA New. The big stars were Lady Gaga and a ballet dancers from the Bolshoi Ballet company in Moscow.

Nice job with the "Tenner".

Best regards,

Doug

I for one am googoo for Gaga and really like that second photo. The grain adds to the effect. You are so lucky to get to go to such affairs. If you ever need a second shooter I am not really that far away. My cell phone ringtone is Pokerface and my wife absolutely hates it.
James