• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Collembola - these were smaller than a pin head!

Paul Iddon

Large crops because these globular springtails were so tiny - and thus not as sharp as I had hoped for. They are less than the size of a pin head.

newglob05_1400.jpg

newglob04_1400.jpg

newglob03_1400.jpg

newglob02_1400.jpg

newglob01_1400.jpg

Paul.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The load of water on their backs must be considerable. These are amazingly tiny cousins of ours.

Imagine that much of their genetic coding is the same as ours. The switch for eyes is likely close to identical, for example!

I am in awe of your meticulous effort to document this creatures!

Asher

Paul Iddon

Please describe your lens and lighting setup and how you shield your gear from the water?

Asher

The lens is 60mm dedicated macro lens, and attached to the lens on these images , is a Crafty Bell diffuser. The diffuser rested on part of the recycling bin lid, so it got damp from the moisture there.

rig.jpg