• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Come On Asher!

Peter Dexter

I just read Nicolas Claras/ post moments ago but wanting to go back when I click on new posts again it's gone...where...where? This is what I get:

Can't you make this site more user friendly?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Is it the one after this new thread of yours below?

AC785372-731E-4FE2-ACF8-BF8DC705CE9E.png

Beloe the lightening symbol​

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I just read Nicolas Claras/ post moments ago but wanting to go back when I click on new posts again it's gone...where...where? This is what I get:

Can't you make this site more user friendly?
Hi Peter,
I understand how frustrating this is! How do you surf OPF?
On a laptop (or computer)?
A tablet?
A smartphone?
As far as I'm concerned I find the IOS version is not at all user friendly (crap if I may say) but anyway I find that looking at pictures on a smartphone is not a good idea... But this is not a reason for providing a bad user experience.

Asher Kelman

It might be that the heading actually should be “posts you have not yet seen”.

The heading icon with the lightening bolt,

A2CD64C3-536C-435F-BC5A-E09CB10E3926.jpeg

means “recent posts”, and that doesn’t change if you look at a thread!

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

On a computer, is the heading Pater is finding troublesome also called, “New Posts” too or “New Posts since last visit” or what? I am in San Francisco until tomorrow.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Peter,

That mobile phone icon, the lightening bolt seems to be limited to that OS.

On Mac OS, try "Find Threads" under forums. Those that interest us, we can make as watched.

In the meanwhile I will try to devise a heading, "Recently Viewed".

Let me know any special description for me to give to a programmer.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I have dug a bit with the navigation items and discovered some that are there for long but I never use, now I find these :
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 à 18.58.59.jpg

Confusing a lot !
Previously I have used only the "What's new" and "Latest posts" menus and find them quite convenient.

When "What's new" is checked, I see in bold where there are new messages and non bold thos I'have already seen but with no new post… Handy!

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 à 19.03.40.jpg

Simple and effective, why all these bunch of under menus?

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 à 19.08.40.jpg

Who uses them?
I ask !

Robert Watcher

I never use anything other than my iPad to check in on forums - or to post on them.

i have no issues here on OPF. The only button I click on when I check, is “What’s New”. I get everything I want there. The only time I click on ”Forums” is to select a category to Post a thread in. Everyone’s needs are different I suppose.

If I was wanting to keep track of a post I am interested in , I can use the “Watch” button on each post, to get notifications when there is new content. I haven’t had the need for that however.

77EF8181-8ED2-4F80-AA6E-5A5E77D279FC.jpeg

Last edited: