• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

complete with signage

Steven Sinski

_DS65380_DxOx-X3.jpg
_DS65390_DxO-X3.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
CB8FE4C2-9FE7-446A-B013-34744730507E.jpeg

This bridge, without mortar, like a family, holds together by means of how each piece is shaped to fit with its closest relatives. The forces on each individual are just right for its contribution to the whole!

It stands as if by magic and can take a lot of traffic, as it’s a unit and resilient! So the more we treasure and nurture those closest to us, the stronger our extended family becomes!

Steven, not only do I love the picture, but I also admire the effort that goes into such self-supporting structures.....

......and the Stratofortress WW2 bombers that saved Europe from tyranny!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

"Stratofortress" was the name given to the B-52 bomber, introduced in 1952. It perhaps saved the whole "Western world" from tyranny during the "Cold War".

But, from your reference to WW2, I think it more likely that you meant to refer to the B-29 ("Superfortress" ). But the earlier-design B-17 ("Flying Fortress") dropped more bombs in Europe than any other U.S. aircraft.

All great machines, indeed.

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Asher,

"Stratofortress" was the name given to the B-52 bomber, introduced in 1952. It perhaps saved the whole "Western world" from tyranny during the "Cold War".

But, from your reference to WW2, I think it more likely that you meant to refer to the B-29 ("Superfortress" ). But the earlier-design B-17 ("Flying Fortress") dropped more bombs in Europe than any other U.S. aircraft.

All great machines, indeed.

Doug
We must add the British Handle Paige Bombers too as they played a huge role!

My home in a Park Avenue North Willesden Green, London was on the bombing runs from all directions to the ring of factories building those bombers!

Asher