• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Confirmed: D2x, D2hs and D200 firmware upgrade

Dierk Haasis

pro member
I am sure everybody has read the rumour that some of the features of the new D2xs will be transferred to the slightly older cameras via firmware upgrade. Now, it looks like Rob Galbraith was able to confirm it with Nikon USA: Upgrades are worked on and planned for a fall release.

Yes, it is official around the world, I just checked with Nikon Germany. they don't have a date, yet, but the firmware is in the works and will be available after the D2xs is launched.

Last edited:

Rob.Martin

Canon could learn a thing or two here....

cheaper than retooling for an "N" upgrade.. hehe

good on ya Nikon, show the way.

Dierk Haasis said:
I am sure everybody has read the rumour that some of the features of the new D2xs will be transferred to the slightly older cameras via firmware upgrade. Now, it looks like Rob Galbraith was able to confirm it with Nikon USA: Upgrades are worked on and planned for a fall release.

Yes, it is official around the world, I just checked with Nikon Germany. they don't have a date, yet, but the firmware is in the works and will be available after the D2xs is launched.