• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

COVID-19 Likely in USA from China, SEPTEMBER 2019

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
First known U.S. coronavirus death was weeks earlier than previously thought
A person who died at home in Santa Clara County on Feb. 6 was infected with the coronavirus at the time of death, a stunning discovery that makes that individual the first recorded COVID-19 fatality in the United States, according to autopsy results released by public health officials late Tuesday.

Read in San Francisco Chronicle:

Asher Kelman

Would that person be the "Patient 0" in the US?
No, as that person had not travelled.

It’s now suspected that the Wuhan authorities suppressed the news of the outbreak in the late autumn of 2019. Remember they forced the whistleblower physician who sounded the alarm to apologize and ultimately that caring man died of the virus himself.

James Lemon

No, as that person had not travelled.

It’s now suspected that the Wuhan authorities suppressed the news of the outbreak in the late autumn of 2019. Remember they forced the whistleblower physician who sounded the alarm to apologize and ultimately that caring man died of the virus himself.

• Luc Montagnier confirmed Coronavirus is a designer virus.
  • China was working on a vaccine against HIV and leaked the virus by mistake he claims..
  • Both an Indian Lab and now a French Nobel Prize Winner state the virus has HIV particles in it.
Coronavirus continues to be on all the news around the world. Currently, there are over 2.2 million cases and over 150,000 deaths. Some countries such as Spain starting to ease the social distancing and reopening slowly businesses. In North America the coronavirus pandemic continues to roar.

China continues to resist providing any additional information pertaining to coronavirus vital data that would help the world be able to decipher its origin. Originally, a now deceased doctor who was voicing concern about the unknown virus in Wuhan was accused by the Chinese government of false statements and he was even given a warning. After his death, he was exonerated, because China’s social scoring system effects the whole family.

Now Nobel Prize winner and virologist Luc Antoine Montagnier has stated that the coronavirus origin is in fact from the lab. Montagnier is a French virologist and joint recipient with Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Harald zur Hausen of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discovery of the human immunodeficiency virus. His work focuses on retroviruses, which are viruses whose genomes consist of RNA and whose genes can be incorporated into host cells’ DNA.

Luc Montagnier claims that coronavirus was accidentally released, during the time China was trying to invent a vaccine against AIDS. Mongtagnier is 100% sure the virus is designed by molecular biologists.

https://communalnews.com/french-nobel-prize-winner-coronavirus-indeed-designed-in-chinese-lab/

James Lemon

The least we can say is that Pr Maontagnier, despite his Nobel prize, is widely contested…

Source

Despite his thesis being contested. When 10 people are in a room and all agree on the same thing I always feel better when at least one speaks up.

Asher Kelman

I am trained in molecular biology enough to read the studies with critical insight as a lab researcher and Virologist.

So far, we only know that the novel coronavirus is much the same as various bat virus but different by 3-4%.

But there’s no smoking gun that points to a lab creation.

The unique parts appear to be together by gene reassortment, ie swooping of Cuba’s of nucleic acid sequences so a new version could have a collection of sequences derived from 3 different coronavirus infected a single bat. This could have happened in a new intermediate host.

We have no idea where that recombination occurred, in the wild, in a neighboring village or in lab animals. One can speculate but there is, thus far no guiding evidence as to when, where and how the new version emerged!

Could have been a DOF or pangolin in a village or any other living animal!

Asher

Jerome Marot

• Luc Montagnier confirmed Coronavirus is a designer virus.

Which simply proves one can discover the HIV virus in 1983 and be a fool 37 years later, when you are 87 years old and the effects of old age affect you.

James, I don't know what news source you are watching, but you should really try to find another one. The whole idea that someone would consider using coronaviruses for a vaccine against AIDS is ludicrous. What next? Yersinia pestis as a cure for clubfoot? Vibrio cholerae against housemaid's knee?

James Lemon

Which simply proves one can discover the HIV virus in 1983 and be a fool 37 years later, when you are 87 years old and the effects of old age affect you.

James, I don't know what news source you are watching, but you should really try to find another one. The whole idea that someone would consider using coronaviruses for a vaccine against AIDS is ludicrous. What next? Yersinia pestis as a cure for clubfoot? Vibrio cholerae against housemaid's knee?

The conclusions Montagnier made were based on the study of the structure of the virus, given by the study of the French mathematician Jean-Claude Perez.

covid 19.JPG

Asher Kelman

We have just had a major tour de force joint paper in the Lancet, by leading current researchers who find not the slightest evidence of a man-made Virus here.

The whole story is reminiscent of the discoverer of Vitamin C then going on for the rest of his life touting the compound as the cure for almost all maladies.

@ James: Just to save yourself distraction, James, if a paper is currently published in Nature or the Lancet it has been rigorously peer-reviewed and is reliable as one can get, without yourself getting a doctorate in that science.

It’s my field of experience and knowledge, and I have studied the available data and all we can say is that all the unique discovered novel coronavirus sequences in COVID-19 are already present in a number of the disparate but related bat viruses identified since 2007.

So either there is another, as yet unidentifiwd Bat coronavirus or else a mixing occurred in some animal hosting more than one virus type.

We already know that bats themselves in the wild can host 2, 3 or more distinct coronavirus infections at the same time!

So it’s easy for exchange to have occurred in a new animal in which recombinant hybrids have a survival advantage and thus allow the emergence of the novel coronavirus we have.

There is a saying in medicine, When you hear hoofbeats [in Paris or London], don’t conclude zebras are approaching!

Asher

James Lemon

We have just had a major tour de force joint paper in the Lancet, by leading current researchers who find not the slightest evidence of a man-made Virus here.

The whole story is reminiscent of the discoverer of Vitamin C then going on for the rest of his life touting the compound as the cure for almost all maladies.

@ James: Just to save yourself distraction, James, if a paper is currently published in Nature or the Lancet it has been rigorously peer-reviewed and is reliable as one can get, without yourself getting a doctorate in that science.

It’s my field of experience and knowledge, and I have studied the available data and all we can say is that all the unique discovered novel coronavirus sequences in COVID-19 are already present in a number of the disparate but related bat viruses identified since 2007.

So either there is another, as yet unidentifiwd Bat coronavirus or else a mixing occurred in some animal hosting more than one virus type.

We already know that bats themselves in the wild can host 2, 3 or more distinct coronavirus infections at the same time!

So it’s easy for exchange to have occurred in a new animal in which recombinant hybrids have a survival advantage and thus allow the emergence of the novel coronavirus we have.

There is a saying in medicine, When you hear hoofbeats [in Paris or London], don’t conclude zebras are approaching!

Asher
I guess there is no point in checking on important existing results that might be wrong.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

I guess there is no point in checking on important existing results that might be wrong.
There is for those who are trained to look beyond the mistakes even famous people can make. I enjoy the paper but I am reading 30 other papers to give me context. I have a very extensive knowledge of Nucleic acid which is just enough to be sufficiently critical much of the time. But it’s challenging for me.

The paper you quote is fine as part of a full current bibliography on the subject.

But I doubt that you can take off and invest enough required time. Perhaps you can, but for your own peace of mind, anything in Nature or The Lancet are pretty safe to just read and believe as the very demanding nature of evidence-based rationalism in these journals means that those few that get published, likely as not are very reliable.

The hundreds of thousands of publications every year, however, have much more varied depth of certainty and require some training Gavin the field to be able to select which parts are likely to be independently confirmed.

I have never thought about this before. But one article published in the Lancet is likely more important for science and likely to withstand the ravages of time more than 1,000 others taken at random published elsewhere.

James Lemon

There is for those who are trained to look beyond the mistakes even famous people can make. I enjoy the paper but I am reading 30 other papers to give me context. I have a very extensive knowledge of Nucleic acid which is just enough to be sufficiently critical much of the time. But it’s challenging for me.

The paper you quote is fine as part of a full current bibliography on the subject.

But I doubt that you can take off and invest enough required time. Perhaps you can, but for your own peace of mind, anything in Nature or The Lancet are pretty safe to just read and believe as the very demanding nature of evidence-based rationalism in these journals means that those few that get published, likely as not are very reliable.

The hundreds of thousands of publications every year, however, have much more varied depth of certainty and require some training Gavin the field to be able to select which parts are likely to be independently confirmed.

I have never thought about this before. But one article published in the Lancet is likely more important for science and likely to withstand the ravages of time more than 1,000 others taken at random published elsewhere.

Good to know Asher !