• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Critique Desired: Metallic abstracts

Umesh Bhatt

Image 1:
3404354388_64b78f71c2.jpg

Image 2:
3403542291_2d8fa45892.jpg

PS: Hey, what can i say - I love square format!

It's pleasant to look at, the composition is okay, although it's hard to get a sense of depth due to the flat lighting.

This one doesn't work for me. The dark center seems to lack detail. Otherwise, the same lack of depth, althought at a larger size the DOF might give more clues.

In both cases, the 'metal' aspect isn't obvious, but maybe that's what you wanted to to achieve, or it's not important. I do wonder if we are missing anything due to missing color hints.

Bart

Rachel Foster

I've looked at this a few times. It could be that my screen doesn't show enough contrast to do this justice. I like the patterns and shapes but they are not vivid enough to make it work for me.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Image 1:
3404354388_64b78f71c2.jpg

Image 2:
3403542291_2d8fa45892.jpg

Umesh,

I like these more now that I've looked at them for a while. These need to be printed so one can decide whether or not they get to mean something more. Have you done that?

I certainly find them interesting and can imagine movement in the first, like water running between rocks and eddies in the second.

Asher

Umesh Bhatt

Thanks for your kind words Asher. I have printed them out of course. However, when viewed as a singular image(s) - they dont make much sense or evoke much emotion. besides judging them from an asthetic, technial or compositional aspect. Some day when this becomes part of a theme - maybe, i will be able to explain them better (or better yet - the images might explain themselves).

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for your kind words Asher. I have printed them out of course. However, when viewed as a singular image(s) - they dont make much sense or evoke much emotion. besides judging them from an asthetic, technial or compositional aspect. Some day when this becomes part of a theme - maybe, i will be able to explain them better (or better yet - the images might explain themselves).
The first image should work! That's my intuition and feeling.

How large did you print it and where did you put it to view. Did it have a matt? Take it to a new place.

Asher