• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

crossing borders

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

digital files offer various possibilities.
I often use them to cross or to blur borders between so called "classical photography" and "painting".
When I did this shot yesterday, I had exactly this idea of the final output:
(done with 5DIII, EF100mm, TopazLabs' Impression on a layer in PS)

Columbine
by Wolfgang Plattner, on Flickr​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi

digital files offer various possibilities.
I often use them to cross or to blur borders between so called "classical photography" and "painting".
When I did this shot yesterday, I had exactly this idea of the final output:
(done with 5DIII, EF100mm, TopazLabs' Impression on a layer in PS)

Columbine by Wolfgang Plattner, on Flickr​

Wolfgang,

This is just as I would prefer it to be. Once lenses were pretty well perfected at the turn of the 19th Century to provide photographers with stunningly sharp images, photographers became restless for a more gentle finish to this new imaging process.

A tremendous effort was made everywhere to render images softer and take away the un-emotive clinical documentation feel of accurate edges and transitions.

Your picture would have been welcomed as revolutionary!

......but you couldn’t let on that you were from 100 years in the future!

Asher