• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!
These are non-conventional cyanotypes, sans the first one which is just a regular "normal" process. The rest consist of cyanotypes toned with Mr. Lee's Green Tea, Twinnings Black Tea, and Rooibos Black Tea (6 bags to 400 ml boiling water left to cool to room temp), Instant Coffee and Tannin and I've just scratched the surface. The fun part of Cyanotypes is they are developed in water (I add 4 tbsp of citric acid to a gallon of water to bring my tap water (from a well) to a Ph of 7). Toning is always done prior to fixing in a solution of two tbsp of Sodium Thiosulphate to 500 ml water, then washed for 20 minutes.

As you will see in one print, the use of turmeric is not unheard of. I think the only limitation is you asking yourself, "I wonder what..."

First Chair (Extreme Close Up, High ISO)

first chair 2.jpg

The Jazz Singer (Played with emulsion coating)

the Jazz Singer-2.jpg

Anhinga Chicks (Toned in Rooibos Black Tea)

anhingas-2.jpg

The Watcher (Toned in Green Tea with some selective bleaching)

Black tea-instant coffee 2 hrs.jpg

The Jazz Singer (Toned with Rooibos Black Tea, then with Mr. Lee's Green Tea)

jazz singer toned.jpg

"Homage to Rene" (Composited Negative toned with Green Tea) Find the two Ravens

margritte 1b.jpg

"Mick" - Split-toned with a wash of Sodium Borate, Ammonia and Gold Chloride, Tannic Acid and Green Tea

Mick Cyano 18 min toned in black tea and coffee.jpg

Last edited: